Intersection crashes (i.e. injury accident rate) conflicting answers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenny911

Reaction score
So I'm doing the Lindenburg practice exam and they have a problem with an intersection and they ask the injury accident rate per 10 mil. They mention they have both fatals and injury accidents and the answer is just counting injury accidents.

6 Minute solutions problem 69 has an intersection problem and the hint states injury accidents include personal injuries and fatalities.

What is the general rule on something like this. I'm assuming Lindenburg would be correct but now this has made me confused.

If it ask to find injury accidents, do not include property damage accidents in you calculations (such car crash)

Yes, but I'm still confused on why one book counted fatals as part of the injury accident rate and the other book just counted injuries which I think is right.

look carefully for the wording. It should say injure or property or all accident counts. Wording is the key

So I'm doing the Lindenburg practice exam and they have a problem with an intersection and they ask the injury accident rate per 10 mil. They mention they have both fatals and injury accidents and the answer is just counting injury accidents.

6 Minute solutions problem 69 has an intersection problem and the hint states injury accidents include personal injuries and fatalities.

What is the general rule on something like this. I'm assuming Lindenburg would be correct but now this has made me confused.
That has made me confused too. I reported this as an error and haven't heard back yet.

The FATAL accidents are a SUBSET of INJURY accidents.

Below is the errata about Prob. 69, they just clarified the wording.

Prob. 69, the problem statement should be changed to include fatalities in the accident rate being calculated (e.g., "...the accident rate for injury and fatal accidents..."). This will be changed in future printings.

Back