Start calling ELSES or your State Board

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume our pass/fail letter will come from the state board. Usually somebody by now has called their state board and asked about results.

On a side note, I think I saw on another forum that NCEES posts pass rates on their website right before the results begin to be released.

Last fall some results came out before the pass rates were posted on the NCEES site.

we can do all the :dsgt: we want but it wont make them come any faster

best we can hope is that if we pass to somehow get involved in the process to help future test takers (but most likely my desires to help the system will cease if I get a passing score) :read:

ELSES grades the exams and recommends a cut score. This information is sent to the states, which rubber stamp their approval based on ELSES. The state is who actually issues the licenses.

I did call my state's board a week or so ago. She told me that at least in Vermont, examinees got a letter from ELSES before the state even got any info. She said this was generally in early June, and that she issued licenses last year around June 10.

So, I'm still thinking first or second week of June.

From the NCEES site:

"Summary ? Pass rates for most exams are posted on this Web site approximately 2 months after the exam date."

I think no later than June 16th we'll get our mystery mail- scariest letter I will have ever opened in my life!

Ed

I am just waiting for ELSES to confirm that the results are in!!! That will get me going.

A lot o folks said the CE PE (all disciplines) were easier than usual. Do we think the overall pass rate for Civil (frist time takers) will be above 70%. If so, it would be the first time ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
VT,

Its here, right at the top center of the page:

NCEES pass rates

You can also get there by going to the home page and then clicking on the "pass rates" link on the left hand near the middle (as far as top/bottom goes).

Ed

I am familiar with the pass rates page, I guess I just didn't see that 2 month statement before.

I was always too busy fretting over the percentages and if the 4/06 scores has been postedl. :true:

^ Got it. I swear I've never seen the "2 month" disclaimer before.

Tomorrow makes 5 weeks since the big day. All this waiting and speculating is killing me.

I'm going on vacation next week, but I love to have that letter in the mail the week I get back.

As a loyal fan of NCEES/ELSES site and keeping track of dates

the past two exams (April/Oct. 05) the results were delivered on a Friday.

Therefore my estimation date will be June 16, 2006. Which is always nice b/c eitheirway pass/fail (Hope I get a pass) is a good time shoot :drunk: tequila and drink :beerchug beer.

Good luck everybody only 3 weeks left! :thumbsup:

I've been thinking June 16th also, but here's my rationale:

Last year the test was on April 15. People were posting that they got results in my state (Louisiana) around June 6th. That's 9 days less than 2 months from the test. June 12th of this year is 9 days less than 2 months from this year's test on April 21. June 12th is a Monday. Slide that to the end of the week for a little factor of safety and you arrive at Friday, June 16th.

If we don't have results by Saturday, June 10, the week of June 12th is going to be a killer. I'll be nervous all week. Heck, I'm nervous now just thinking about it all. :D

Ed

Boy how time flies. After all the schooling and experienced gained. I hope finally that this will be my last test ever. It just seemed like yesterday that I was doing my senior research project. When I was in college I wondered what it would be like, you know, taking the exam and all. Back then all the professors talked about the diffuculty of the exam. One quote to live by is "nothing is as bad as you think its going to be".

Anyway, I'm rambling. Once one person gets their results the flood gates will open.

Back