NCEES Practice Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyG19

Reaction score
Took it today. 69/80. I did better than I expected. I thought the morning was easier and I got 34/40. On the afternoon session I thought it was harder than expected and I got 35/40. Some of the afternoon were WAGs. Some of the mistakes on the morning portion were just stupid on my part.

Two weeks to go!!

I took the PM this morning since I'm working on the pm transportation this week and got 35 out of 40 and the mistakes for the 5 wrong were silly. Next weekend I will do my general review of everything and take the morning part. I will stick to PM problems until Friday. Really feel confident about this.

Wow. I just took the practice exam and rallied to 31/40 in the morning, but compared to the scores you guys got on the PM I just won't post my afternoon score. I did realize, however, that I muffed up a lot of the questions that should've otherwise been low hanging fruit, just from not paying attention to small details. If I can clean up those mistakes and read questions thoroughly instead of jumping right in, I definetely have a shot.

There's not many more new concepts and topics I can learn at this point, so this week and next will be tying up loose ends and making sure my references are organized.

Some of my guesses on the afternoon portion of the exam could have went either way. I think I was lucky on a few of them.

I'm just hoping that I can struggle through the geotech and structures questions on the morning portion of the exam. I always hated both in school and still hate them now!!

Overall I got 63/80. As jharris mentioned, I also had little silly mistakes due to jumping right into the solution instead of taking a few more seconds to read the question better. Unfortunately I don't have many sample questions for the afternoon part. My weak point are the LOS, some questions/solutions I have use the speed given + 5 for the BFFS value. quite confusing.

What is tricky about LOS is the wording for the FFS or BFFS. You really need to pay attention to what information they give you. They will try to trick you by using the "posted speed". That doesn't count. Don't use it.

On problem 191 of the Sample Exam, they use 4300 for the total flow rate, which assumes 3.0 lanes are in use (including the weaving lane). In the HCM Ex 13-12, it indicates that the maximum use of lanes for this configuration is 1.4. Using the 1.4 lanes would render a much different answer. Thoughts?

On problem 191 of the Sample Exam, they use 4300 for the total flow rate, which assumes 3.0 lanes are in use (including the weaving lane). In the HCM Ex 13-12, it indicates that the maximum use of lanes for this configuration is 1.4. Using the 1.4 lanes would render a much different answer. Thoughts?
191? It only goes up to 140, right?

Back