OLD NCEES PRACTICE EXAM RECOMENDED

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dano_PE

Senior Engineer
Reaction score
I highly recomend the old NCEES practice exam (2008).

It was 100 bucks on amazon used but it contains all of the PM modes as well as the civil AM.

This is nice because you can grab questions from the water or transpo sections that you know will be on the AM for those of us taking the construction mode in the PM.

Best 100 bucks I ever spent on exam references.

Just make sure you check the errata and also question 508 has an error in the equation.

Good luck everyone!!

Pardon my spelling errors

Agreed. Can't have too many NCEES practice problems. A lot of the problems were repeated in the 2011 version, but that's life. Still a good reference. I'll be re-working those good practice problems these next 2 weeks.

You are right. Look through the soils, transportation, and water depth problems. There are a lot of good problems in these depth sections that are applicable to the morning breadth and very good preparation.

Not just morning. Depending on your depth (or not depending) the afternoon problems can be very applicable to your PM concentration. I'm Construction and a lot of the PM geotech problems in the 2001 and 2008 are great samples.

Wow.. $100?? I have one for sale, it is indeed an excellent book. As many alluded, it can be very applicable.

I found mine for around $50 on amazon last winter. After the exam I'll sell mine to anyone taking October 2012.

Back