Happy Spring 2012!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't believe I'm dressed in shorts in March in Northern Illinois. This is a first.

84 degrees, wind gusts of about 20mph, sunny and wonderful... except for the green clouds of dust and the green powder coating everything...

I think I'll make some pasta salad and flip some burgers on the grill tonight...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wearing boots for probably the last time 'til next winter today...55 this morning, mid 70's the rest of the week, that will be spring here. Next week, we'll be in summer time.

Spring in Denver ends up meaning a 2' snowstorm to kickoff spring break...

84 degrees, wind gusts of about 20mph, sunny and wonderful... except for the green clouds of dust and the green powder coating everything...

I think I'll make some pasta salad and flip some burgers on the grill tonight...
I was in the South last week on a trip and had pine pollen all over my car. Fortunately, my allergies have mostly dissipated as I've gotten older, but it was still not a lot of fun.

I was in the South last week on a trip and had pine pollen all over my car. Fortunately, my allergies have mostly dissipated as I've gotten older, but it was still not a lot of fun.
Supposedly it's not the pine pollen that bothers people. While you can see it and it looks horrible (this coming from a guy with a yellow car that is supposed to be black), it's the oak/grass pollens that would have driven you nuts. So says a friend of mine who is an allergist.

Supposedly it's not the pine pollen that bothers people. While you can see it and it looks horrible (this coming from a guy with a yellow car that is supposed to be black), it's the oak/grass pollens that would have driven you nuts. So says a friend of mine who is an allergist.
I call bull hockey on that one... I ONLY have issues with pine... worthless trees anyway all they are is wildlife habitat and pulpwood... it's not like you can even burn them in your fire place.... grumble grumble grumble...

^ Just don't try to burn those treated trees, they let off a toxic gas.

Pine trees are basically all we burn here in CO fireplaces. We don't really have much choice otherwise.

The pine issue isn't a big deal in the Northeast where things are mostly deciduous, but I have visited my ex-in-laws a couple of times when it was in season and it wasn't a thrill.

Made it through another winter. Cooking hotdogs and brats to celebrate!
What winter? Old man winter was definitely 'light in the loafers' this year, and Spring appears to be AWOL - I guess hello summer

We had zero snow this past winter, and I couldn't be happier.

As for the allergies, I'm glad there are no pine in this area, as it does a number on my asthma. **** near everything else under the sun makes me sneeze and my eyes water like there's no tomorrow.

I call bull hockey on that one... I ONLY have issues with pine... worthless trees anyway all they are is wildlife habitat and pulpwood... it's not like you can even burn them in your fire place.... grumble grumble grumble...
Where's he love for pine? Whole houses are built of the stuff, and that's just about all we ever burned in the fireplace.

Just went with the O-M all beef franks last night. We all sat around on the porch and grilled. Even the two outside cats showed up. Good times.

Hell I never stopped using my grill when 'so-called' winter came through. Here is what our winter looked like.

Capture.JPG

This winter sucked. I live someplace with 4 distinct seasons, and we basically just went from fall to summer (GFY to some).

I hate scraping ice and snow off my car, I don't like shoveling, and sub-zero temps are pretty darn cold. But I like winter. I am an avid snowshoer, I like cross country skiing, I enjoy watching the snow fall. And we didn't get **** here this year.

The thrill of going out in shirt sleeves for the first time is ruined because it's warm to the point of being uncomfortable. I shouldn't have to turn on the AC in New England in March.

Back