Six-minute problems

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divs

Civil_PE_Enviro
Reaction score
Hello, I started doing the problems on the six-minute problems book (afternoon session for env./water resources). I wondering if the difficulty level for the afternoon session is similar to the six-minute problems?

Six minute solutions and the NCEES review book are very representative of the degree of difficulty on the exam.

I can't speak for WR, but the 6MS Transportation afternoon questions were more difficult than the exam. I'd say that if it takes an average of 4 calculations to get your answer on 6MS, then the test was more like 2 calculations. If you're looking for a realistic example of the test, do the NCEES sample exam. It's spot on.

Six minute solutions and the NCEES review book are very representative of the degree of difficulty on the exam.
Really? I (and I believe most people from what I read here) find the 6 Min Sols to take way longer than 6 minutes and the NCEES sample problems to be spot on with the actual exam.

I would agree that 6 min solutions was more difficult and that there are multiple steps to the problems ... but anyone of those sub calculations/steps could have been a question on the exam; especially for the depth WR section.

NCEES is definitely the closest; but I would focus on 6 minutes solutions so you understand any of the three/four types of questions they could ask per problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would agree that 6 min solutions was more difficult and that there are multiple steps to the problems ... but anyone of those sub calculations/steps could have been a question on the exam; especially for the depth WR section.

NCEES is definitely the closest; but I would focus on 6 minutes solutions so you understand any of the three/four types of questions they could ask per problem.
Good point.

Back