NCEES Login Confusing

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grilledcheese17

Reaction score
Does anyone else find the NCEES exam registration page entirely confusing? I have an email saying I'm registered with them and I have paid my state through PCS but there is still a giant red banner that says: The exam registration deadline has passed! Then it says my status is Approved and I have a location and all. Anyway, I think I'm set but that red banner is driving me nuts!

Gc,

If it makes you feel better, I found several aspects of the NCEES registration process confusing/frustrating. But don't worry, you're fine.

Are you trying to register for a separate test than the one your already approved to take?

They won't let you, your past the deadline. :Chris:

Umm no, I'm not trying to do anything, I'm just logging in to make sure I'm all set. And like I said, there is a giant red banner which usually means things are not all set! I know I'm past the deadline, I paid and took care of that all prior to Feb 23rd, I just got paranoid that I might have missed a step and wanted to go check...

WW Cop2.JPG

"Do you know this ploy"

omg I couldn't resist... sorry for the razzin, I appalagize.

In all seriousness, if you got it all in before the DL your going to be fine.

If your still unsure, use the "contact us" button on the bottom of the NCEES page.

No worries. Had the exact same thing on my NCEES status page last year. Exam registration showed approved but with the red banner on top - "Exam registration deadline has passed".

Received the test permit through e-mail a few weeks before the exam, took the test, now have a couple more letters after my name.

I got the email with my seat assignment and all so everything is good. They changed the venue which I'm not too happy about. We have to pay for parking now and walk further. Also, it says no outside food or drinks allowed so they are trying to force us rely on their being vending machines with water and snacks? I guess I'm getting a doctor's note to go with my 7.5 month pregnant belly.

Oh, I forgot to add that it also says to bring snacks and lunch since they may not be available in the area. The point of my post was that they CONTINUE to be confusing as ever.

Anyone know what the story is about water? NY's seat assignment sheet also says no outside food or drinks, but the NCEES candidate agreement says hard candies are okay and I would think water in an original bottle would be okay. I don't think I can do a 4-hour stretch without water!

My plan is to bring both of these things anyways (with all labels/wrappers removed) and be willing to throw them out if asked.

Back