Bitter Sweet Since Friends Didn't Pass?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GTScott

I guess this is the right place for this...

So yesterday evening I got the good news regarding my passing of the PE (PM Geotech) and everything has been a blur since. However, I find that it is extremely bittersweet since my two study partners did not pass. I then look through the list here and see so many others who helped me who also did not pass. All of this knocks the celebration down a peg for me and makes it seem somewhat bittersweet. Is anyone else feeling this way? I am serious about this...not like that guy over on "the other board" with his "come to Jesus" post.

I guess all I can do now is vow to do what do many others here have done and stick with this and help the April test takers to kick that test in the arse.

-GT

I agree - it was great to see Road Guy on the banner this morning, but I feel bad for DVINNY and I haven't heard about Sapper yet.

Best of luck to all still waiting!

I think I speak for most of us "not this time around guys" when I say that you should enjoy this as much as you possibly can.

At no time does it bother me to see you all happy for passing, I'm excited as hell for you.

Trust me, don't worry about the ones that didn't make it this time around, we will just enjoy it that much better in April.

YOU SHOULD BE DANCIN' THE JIG, AND JUMPIN' AROUND!!!!!!!!!

I'll go ahead and put my 2 cents in for what its worth.

I guess when you look back on your life, there will be so many important things that happened that weren't work related (including whether you passed the PE on the first try). At least I hope that for myself in that I work to provide for my family but my work does not define me or what I leave on this earth (aside from a broke ass pump station :D ).

I think the best part of passing is achieving results after putting in the work which in the real world is not a given.

Those who did not pass will experience the elation, even more so probably than those who passed the first time.

So go ahead and celebrate, then draft a plan of how those two little letters after your name can enrich yourself and your family's life so you can be remembered for the person you were outside of work.

Just a thought....

I generally don't like to see anyone not accomplish what they set out to...

escpecially what appears to be a group of nice people...

I passed but Im pretty sure a girl I work with failed. We were talking about it the day after the test and she got cut off on time on the morning and afternoon session. The really bad thing is I need to go ask her about the paperwork we need to fill out to get reimbursed for the exam.

It's actually kinda funny. I feel bad for others that didn't pass too.....and you all know that unless I get that mysterious letter that said that I passed, even after my name didn't show up on the directory, I'll be a third time failure!!!! This is such an awful event that I HATE to see others have to do it over and over again, I always feel like I can deal with the disappointment, but hate to see others suffer through it.

We'll make it, and honestly, the more times you fail it, the better passing it will be....There's NO WAY we would ever take it lightly.. B)

I undertook this event on my own. No study partners. Nobody else taking the exam that I know personally. Having said this, while waiting for my results, my mind ran through every possible outcome scenerio. My heart goes out to the people who will be retaking. All I can say is good luck on the next go round, and don't give up! Like my old Daddy used to say "if it was easy, everybody would do it". HANG IN THERE. I APPLAUD YOU. :claps: :claps: :claps:

Congrats to all who have passed, I will be re-taking the exam in april, and will hopefully pass then. I just need to regroup and hopefully figure out how to pass this thing.

Back