Oct 2011 Environmental Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ona

Reaction score
I didn't notice anyone posting failing/diagnostic results for the Environmental Exam - anyone want to share?

I earned 56/100 - I know, very poor.

Here's the breakdown - it's obvious where I need to study:

Water: Basic Principles 1/4 (25%)

Water: Wastewater 5/10 (50%)

Water: Stormwater 2/4 (50%)

Water: Potable Water 5/10 (50%)

Water: Water Resources 2/4 (50%)

Solid Waste: Basic Principles 0/4 (0%)

Solid Waste: Municpal & Ind Solid Wst 5/5 (100%)

Solid Waste: Hazardous Waste 2/6 (33%)

Solid Waste: Med/Radioactive Waste 1/3 (33%)

Air: Basic Principles 5/7 (71%)

Air: Pollution Control 10/16 (62%)

Site Assess/Rem: Basic Principles 0/5 (0%)

Site Assess/Rem: Site Assessment 3/3 (100%)

Site Assess/Rem: Remediation 4/4 (100%)

EH&S 7/8 (87%)

Associated Engineering Princples 4/7 (57%)

Anyone else?

I'm taking the exam in April, so no diagnostic to post. Any idea what the typical passing score is? I'm guessing it's got to be right around 70/100, but I see the October 2011 pass rate was only 61% for first-time takers so maybe it was lower this round.

Not sure what the passing score is. The reason for my post was to get a better idea of the numbers (if people will post their diagnostics).

Although, the best advice I've read on this forum is to study for a real pass and not worry about what the actually cut score will be. That's my intention in trying again.

I cant offer my scores because I passed the first time. The PPI "Solved Problems", "Practice Problems" and "Practice Exams" as well as the NCEES practice exam helped alot. I solved each problem at least three times untill I practically memorized them. The longer more complex problems in these books were tough but really hammerd home the critical concepts to tackle almost all the problems on the exam. There is no easy way an the ENV PE exam is so broad you must buckle down on key concepts and be ready to apply them to whatever comes your way. I would say "Solved Problems", "Practice Exams" and NCEES helped me the most. Rinse, lather and repeat, repeat, repeat...

I agree with okeng...work as many problems as you can, then work some more. I also worked lots of sample problems from the references that I had.

Thank you for the advice.

I don't have the PPI books - for some reason I didn't think they had them for enviro - but I'll pick them up for sure now! I've been working problems for the past month and intend to do so until the exam, hopefully it will work for me.

Back