Chemical PE study material...selling the lot!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemEmomma

Reaction score
Since I’ve gotten my passing notification (first time, yay!), I’m ready to sell my study materials as a lot. All or nothing, I don’t want to deal with selling one book at a time. Plus, this way the buyer easily gets everything they need for the exam!

Included are:

Textbooks:

• Transport Processes and Separation Process Principles (Includes Unit Operations), 4th Edition – Geankoplis
  • Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, 6th Edition - Smith, et al
  • Chemical Reaction Engineering, 3rd Edition (Intl Version) – Levenspiel
  • An Introduction to Mass and Heat Transfer: Principles of Analysis and Design, - Middleman
  • Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers, 5th Edition (Intl Version) – Peters, et al
  • Process Dynamics and Control, 3rd Edition (Intl Version) Seborg, et al.

Practice problems and reference manual:

• PE Chemical Sample Questions and Solutions, 2011 Edition - NCEES
  • Six-Minute Solutions for Chemical PE Exam Problems – Vasquez
  • Chemical Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam, 5th Edition - Robinson
  • Practice Problems for the Chemical Engineering PE Exam, 6th Edition – Lindeburg

Everything is in good condition. Just FYI: I also used Fogler and Crane's Flow of Fluids, but I'm keeping them as well.

Now, the real bonus that I am including is an index I created. This index includes over 400 entries! They use keywords from the practice problems (the NCEES and six minute solution books). For example, a problem about the combustion of propane would be entered under “combustion” and under “propane” and point you to the right page in the book. This proved to be my best resource for the exam because it quickly pointed me to relevant examples.

Some of the books have pencil marks. I’ll leave them in for now. As the buyer, you can decide if they’re helpful to you, or if you’d rather erase them. Sometimes I made notes in the margin of the example problems to direct me towards more in-depth information in the textbooks. Some books are paperback, which also ended up being really nice, as they're smaller and lighter.

I spent over $750 collecting this exam material. I think it was worth it since I passed! I’m willing to sell it now for $600 (via paypal).

Feel free to ask any questions (PM me!). I can show pictures too. Thanks for looking, and good luck!

Since I’ve gotten my passing notification (first time, yay!), I’m ready to sell my study materials as a lot. All or nothing, I don’t want to deal with selling one book at a time. Plus, this way the buyer easily gets everything they need for the exam!

Included are:

Textbooks:

• Transport Processes and Separation Process Principles (Includes Unit Operations), 4th Edition – Geankoplis
  • Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, 6th Edition - Smith, et al
  • Chemical Reaction Engineering, 3rd Edition (Intl Version) – Levenspiel
  • An Introduction to Mass and Heat Transfer: Principles of Analysis and Design, - Middleman
  • Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers, 5th Edition (Intl Version) – Peters, et al
  • Process Dynamics and Control, 3rd Edition (Intl Version) Seborg, et al.

Practice problems and reference manual:

• PE Chemical Sample Questions and Solutions, 2011 Edition - NCEES
  • Six-Minute Solutions for Chemical PE Exam Problems – Vasquez
  • Chemical Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam, 5th Edition - Robinson
  • Practice Problems for the Chemical Engineering PE Exam, 6th Edition – Lindeburg

Everything is in good condition. Just FYI: I also used Fogler and Crane's Flow of Fluids, but I'm keeping them as well.

Now, the real bonus that I am including is an index I created. This index includes over 400 entries! They use keywords from the practice problems (the NCEES and six minute solution books). For example, a problem about the combustion of propane would be entered under “combustion” and under “propane” and point you to the right page in the book. This proved to be my best resource for the exam because it quickly pointed me to relevant examples.

Some of the books have pencil marks. I’ll leave them in for now. As the buyer, you can decide if they’re helpful to you, or if you’d rather erase them. Sometimes I made notes in the margin of the example problems to direct me towards more in-depth information in the textbooks. Some books are paperback, which also ended up being really nice, as they're smaller and lighter.

I spent over $750 collecting this exam material. I think it was worth it since I passed! I’m willing to sell it now for $600 (via paypal).

Feel free to ask any questions (PM me!). I can show pictures too. Thanks for looking, and good luck!
Hi, do you still have these books.

Back