Approved Calculators in 2012 (with links to Amazon)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link. I'm running a Casio fx-115 ES for my primary and a TI-30X IIS as my backup. I used the TI for my EIT (i.e. "FE") exam a few years ago but after reccomendations from others on this site I found the Casio and love it. Very intuitive for me.

thanks,

Jason

Whats the best calculator? Im currently using a TI 30XIIS, but I feel like its too basic. Any better calculators out there?

Whats the best calculator? Im currently using a TI 30XIIS, but I feel like its too basic. Any better calculators out there?
I used the Casio fx-115ES PLUS on the FE exam. It did everything I needed it to. I"ll also use this calculator when I take the PE.

The Casio FX-115ES PLUS has some nice features and capabilities that the TI 30XIIS does not. I used the TI during the FE exam and the Casio during both the PE and both SE exams.

The best calculator is the one you know how to use efficiently so that during the exam, you're quickly and accurately calculating required values.

Back