Question about NCEES Records

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr21

Reaction score
So, I'm filling out my NCEES Records application, and I've gotten to the experience record part (Step 6). Here are the instructions:

"List experience in chronological order beginning with graduation from a university or the first employment after high school, whether or not it was engineering experience. No record should be made for work done before the applicant finished high school or for work performed during college vacations. Do not list time spent in obtaining a bachelor's degree as academic engagement. However, cooperative engineering work may be included."

Can anyone tell me what in the world this means? It's kind of contradictory. Saying list experience beginning with graduation from university or first employment after high school. Anyone fill out one of these, and care to fill me in? Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I think what it's saying is if you went to college, start with either your co-op work experience (if you co-oped) or with your first "real" job once you graduated. If you didn't go to college then you're supposed to start with your first job after you graduated from high school.

I agree with MadDawg's post.

I filled in my summer internship information too during my undergraduate years, and then ofcourse my job experience after i graduated from college.

Put in your job experience related to your discipline (Civil, Mechanical..etc).

Fill out your first job is what I did.

Started working at Sears my freshman year and I put every employment (or unemployment) since then.

Fill out your first job is what I did.

Started working at Sears my freshman year and I put every employment (or unemployment) since then.
I don't know Sears is engineering experience....if that is the case then I will file that I work at home on-line tech-engineering support after I graduate from University and before I find my first job...

Last edited by a moderator:
You check the box that says non-engineering experience.

"first employment after high school, whether or not it was engineering experience" so I listed my first job after high school while I was going to school full-time.

For my non-engineering jobs I had in college, I don't even remember who my supervisor was.

Does the NCEES really need to receive feeback in regards to how well I stocked groceries and ran a cash register at a supermarket, or my performance as a line server, dish washer, and stocking at a college cafeteria?

For my non-engineering jobs I had in college, I don't even remember who my supervisor was.

Does the NCEES really need to receive feeback in regards to how well I stocked groceries and ran a cash register at a supermarket, or my performance as a line server, dish washer, and stocking at a college cafeteria?
How did you complete your experience record when applying to take the PE exam? I basically just used the same information from that for my NCEES record. I didn't include any non-engineering experience. In my opinion, establishing an NCEES record is basically following the same paces you did to apply for the PE exam. If your PE application documents are recent enough, I would mimic that same information for your NCEES record.

How did you complete your experience record when applying to take the PE exam? I basically just used the same information from that for my NCEES record. I didn't include any non-engineering experience. In my opinion, establishing an NCEES record is basically following the same paces you did to apply for the PE exam. If your PE application documents are recent enough, I would mimic that same information for your NCEES record.
That's what I'm thinking, just do what I did when I applied for the PE Exam. Just wanted to double check before doing so. Fun stuff, filling all that out again....

Back