Where are you Waiting?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StaciaZ

Reaction score
I know we've got quite a while to wait before anyone has their results from the October exam, but I thought we could do a quick roll call to remind ourselves that we aren't waiting alone.

I took the Civil PE (Geotech depth) and now I'm waiting impatiently in Iowa. How about you?

Civil Geotech in CA. We have to wait till January, ugh!

I know we've got quite a while to wait before anyone has their results from the October exam, but I thought we could do a quick roll call to remind ourselves that we aren't waiting alone.

I took the Civil PE (Geotech depth) and now I'm waiting impatiently in Iowa. How about you?

I'm waiting on only the CA-Seismic results. While 10 weeks seemed like an eternity the day after the exam, that was already 2+ weeks ago! The last 2.5 weeks flew by. So, yes, January seems pretty far away but we have already made it though over 20% of our wait. :)

Thanks ptatohed, that's an awesome way of looking at it. Since you only have one more to pass, you can even check the state board website before they send the results to see if your name is on the license registry!

Environmental in Oklahoma. I have been able to distract myself with work and catching up with friends at social activities so the wait so far has flown by. I'm sure the anxiety levels will rise as the time grows near. I will say it still feels strange not studying when I get home but I am managing to reintegrate myself back into normal life :)

Civil/Transpo in New Jersey. This is definitely the worst part. But like ^^^^^^^^^^ I have been re-focusing on boyfriend, friends and social life. Plus back to the grind with work and grad school. It does still feel wierd with extra time and not studying all the time.

Civil/Structural- Annapolis, MD

Once the holidays get here everything moves faster, give it a week and the first week of Jan will be here before we know it.

I love how civil (no pun intended) you all are...let's give it 10-12 more weeks when only Cali and a couple other lagging states are yet to report...that's when the true entertainment value begins!

I've been there before...twice

Good luck all.

Even though I have to wait a few weeks for the CA Seismic and Survey, I take some comfort in the fact I can see my 8hr results along with everyone else when the NCEES website posts them.

Thanks ptatohed, that's an awesome way of looking at it. Since you only have one more to pass, you can even check the state board website before they send the results to see if your name is on the license registry!
You're welcome Yvonne. In fact, today and tomorrow mark the 3 week mark. So, we're now 30% there. :) Yeah, I'll be checking the registry but if I remember correctly, I think it only helps by a few days.

Even though I have to wait a few weeks for the CA Seismic and Survey, I take some comfort in the fact I can see my 8hr results along with everyone else when the NCEES website posts them.
monkey, I believe the 8-hour and state exam results are released within days of each other, not weeks. CA will ask NCEES to not release the 8-hr results until they are ready to release the state results.

^^ That sucks. I was thinking the same thing as monkeywinky.

Back