Organizing Materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breezluv32

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just curious as to how you are organizing your materials. I have tabbed most books. I'm trying to figure out the best way to organize all the practice problems and practice exam questions. Everyone I talk to says that organization is key in this exam. Also, how do you plan on taking your books to the exam? The egg-crates with hand trucks seem to be the most popular. I will probably do that as well. Thanks in advance.

I have a binder full of all of the practice problems and exams that I've been working on (in inkpen), with some tabs for those problems I worked out but could possibly forget the procedure for when I enter the exam. Just make sure you know where to look for information. All of my references are modestly tabbed out. I will probably be using the milkcrate method also.

Everyone organizes their material differently. Whatever will help you find equations, tables, sample questions, etc. is completely based on your organizational preference. The process of organizing is not so much remembering where to find things, but remembering how you organized your notes.

For the morning part, I just had a backpack with the CERM, Goswami, a couple of the 6 minute solutions workbooks, and a cirlox bound book of other sample problems and notes (i.e. no loose leaf paper allowed). In the afternoon, I left my books at my desk from the morning exam and brought in the HCM and Green Book in a cloth shopping bag. I didn't use crates, dollies, or luggage. I believe only the structural folks would need that many books.

Good luck!

Back