Advice on study schedule?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhauth

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on preparing a study schedule? Did you focus on breadth for the first few months then switch over to depth in the home stretch? I'm still gathering references for the April exam (WR/Env PM) and am trying to develop a study strategy. Did you read the chapters in the CERM and then do practice problems, or did you just focus mostly on doing problems?

I am not a rocket scientist smart kind of person, and it took me two attemps, but I did problem after problem after problem.

I took an in person review course and than an online review course. I felt both were helpful.

They key I believe is to start early enough (maybe 3 months) becaus there is so much material to review, and for me much of it had been forgotten.

I actualy would pull my notes out from college for review of topics that I swore I was never taught - after review of my notes it became clear that at one time I actually knew the material pretty good.

It was a real eye opener to how much I had forgotten.

Good luck

Tim

Good advice from tmacier. Also, near the end of the study period, go back and review the first things you studied. You'll need a refresher after 3 months.

tmacier, I know you're a mechanical engineer, so I'm not sure how your test is organized. But for you CE's out there, how did you break up time spent studying for the AM and the PM portions? Did you work your way through the CERM, then spend some time on depth, then go back for a final review of morning sections you didn't feel comfortable with?

Back