Crunch Time Suggestions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've studied the past two months for the chemical PE exam. I've read the chapters in CHERM that will be on the exam (Fluids, Mass Transfer, Heat Transfer, Kinetics, and Thermo; I skipped the ENV section since I didn't think they were relevant) several times. I've done the practice problems from the CHERM solutions manual, NCEES sample exam, and FE sample questions. I'd like to know how I should spend the rest of the 2+ weeks left before the exam. I'm just sick and tired of forcing myself to read out of my textbooks. I feel like I'm wasting time reading since I can always open a book and hopefully find the answer to whatever word question is asked. I don't know if I've hit a wall or if I'm taking it for granted that 70+% of the people that take the ChE PE exam pass. To those that have taken the exam, what do you recommend? Pass or fail please comment. I'd like to know what you did as far as studying/doing problems to pass and/or what you wish you would have done if you failed the exam.

i would at least read through the environmental section and see what is there. it is relevant...i think the safety stuff is located there. i know it doesn't make sense but if i remember correctly that was a catch all sort of section.

Back