Bear With Me.....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I had delayed a software upgrade for as long as Invision would tolerate it so thats why the board looks like it does..

I was hoping to do it after the exam but this was as long as I could delay it..

it will look a little funny around here but the overall platform should still work....

Not a fan of not being able to get to unread posts. Plus all the quotes are F'ed up.

the look is temporay until I can get the "skins" put back, so it wont look like this forever.....give me through the weekend to fix, sorry folks...

I thought I fell victim to spyware at first.

Thank you for delaying this as long as possible. Sure does look different and look forward to the skins coming back & / or getting things back to "somewhat" normal.

Also, thanks for your hard work on this.

you can make the screen wider by clicking on the x by the "recent topics" on the right and that kills that box....

So RG, what's the update on this? It's been over 1.5 months. Is the current layout here to stay? I ask because 1.) My old profile pic is now my avatar (I didn't necessarily want it to be my avatar) and 2.) My (and many other's) avatars seem to be all jacked up. Thanks.

So RG, what's the update on this? It's been over 1.5 months. Is the current layout here to stay? I ask because 1.) My old profile pic is now my avatar (I didn't necessarily want it to be my avatar) and 2.) My (and many other's) avatars seem to be all jacked up. Thanks.
I'm not sure if the layout is finalized but you can change your avatar if you want to. For some reason in the transition to the new layout the picture you had set as you r personal photo became your avatar and your avatar disappeared, never to be seen again. To change your avatar now click on your user name at the top left corner of this page, a drop down menu should appear, select "My Profile". Once on your profile page you should see you current avatar at the top left of the page. Hold your cursor over it and the word "change" will appear. Click that and follow the prompts to change your avatar.

I can't change my avatar...are there instructions somewhere? I was able to change it for Halloween, but now it won't upload my photo...does it have to be below a certain size?

I can't change my avatar...are there instructions somewhere? I was able to change it for Halloween, but now it won't upload my photo...does it have to be below a certain size?
I'd guess it's a size issue (that's what she said). Try a smaller pic and see if that works.

To get around the size issue, you can also link to a photo online. When it promts you to select a file from your computer, just past the URL for the photo in there.

<---she lives on Photobucket.

I'm not sure if the layout is finalized but you can change your avatar if you want to. For some reason in the transition to the new layout the picture you had set as you r personal photo became your avatar and your avatar disappeared, never to be seen again. To change your avatar now click on your user name at the top left corner of this page, a drop down menu should appear, select "My Profile". Once on your profile page you should see you current avatar at the top left of the page. Hold your cursor over it and the word "change" will appear. Click that and follow the prompts to change your avatar.

Ok, thanks. I would like to change it but I was "bearing with him" and waiting. I guess I'll just go ahead and change it.

Invision Power Board did away with having both profile pics and avatars in this new software version, I dont know why.. so they decided to make the profile pic the "control" this was something that is not in my control...

if you are having issues with changing your avatar send me a PM and I will look into it.

Ive got three skins and I dont plan on buying any more, I thought most of the tweeks had been worked out, but some work well on IE, some on FF, some on chrome, so thats why there are multiple choices..

Well, I changed my avatar pic. Unless it just hasn't taken effect yet, my profile pic is still my previous pic (of me and my son). The problem is my new avatar pic isn't centered (the right is chopped off a little). ?

Back