Electrical PE Power Exam - sample problem issues

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zornon1

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered mistakes, or inconsistencies in solutions to sample problems? I'm running into some issues getting past two topics, one involving calculation of flux in one of the iron core legs of a transformer, the other having to do with calculating base voltages in different regions of a transmission line (involving one or more transformers). I'll go into more detail if I get some response to this post.

Thanks

Andy A.

Has anyone encountered mistakes, or inconsistencies in solutions to sample problems? I'm running into some issues getting past two topics, one involving calculation of flux in one of the iron core legs of a transformer, the other having to do with calculating base voltages in different regions of a transmission line (involving one or more transformers). I'll go into more detail if I get some response to this post.
Thanks

Andy A.
NCEES does have a published Errata out for the 2009 PE Power sample exam. Not sure which problems you are having trouble with but they may be listed there. And there is A LOT of good discussion on various sample exam problems in the Electrical Prep forum. Hope that helps.

Back