ALASKA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

north6633

I just emailed the board and got a response back that the results were in and had been mailed out. Also in the email I was told I could call and they would give me my results. Which I did immediately.

Bad news for me.. I will be taking the exam again this spring. :(

Anyone on the board from AK you can call in and get your results.

Good luck to everyone else....

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that north6633. Don't let it ruin your holidays though. Good luck next Spring.

I just emailed the board and got a response back that the results were in and had been mailed out. Also in the email I was told I could call and they would give me my results. Which I did immediately.
Bad news for me.. I will be taking the exam again this spring.  :(

Anyone on the board from AK you can call in and get your results.

Good luck to everyone else....
DO NOT let that get you down....I'm on #3 waiting for those results, and If I didn't pass, i've got to re-apply, take some classes, and hope (which they will) they will let me take it NEXT OCTOBER, so I will be doing this again.....and if I didn't pass, that's exactly what I will be doing.

I hate to hear that though, this is a gruelling process, that sometimes seems to have no end. :rotflmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys,

I was hoping I would have pulled it off, I went in very under prepared and left the exam feeling I had a real chance.

I know what I have to do now. I will take a class, do more problems and get my references in better order. I was hoping I would not have to go through this studying all over again and test prep. But I get to torture myself once again. :brick:

At least work is a little slower now so prepping for the exam will be easier. I have a bottle of very good Italian wine that has to wait another 6 months to be consumed.

I'm sorry to hear that. You could just have easily not said anything. But thanks for informing everyone that they can also call and get their results. That was awesome of you. :claps:

I'm sorry to hear that. You could just have easily not said anything. But thanks for informing everyone that they can also call and get their results. That was awesome of you. :claps:
Results good or bad we are all waiting for them. Not knowing is the worst of all scenarios. None of us need to go through that any longer than absolutely possible.

I'm sorry to hear that. You could just have easily not said anything. But thanks for informing everyone that they can also call and get their results. That was awesome of you.  :claps:
Results good or bad we are all waiting for them. Not knowing is the worst of all scenarios. None of us need to go through that any longer than absolutely possible.
That is so true! :sniff: I'm shedding a tear for ya!

Sorry to hear the bad news North. You will make it in April. I am still waiting to know the results.

Sorry to hear it North. But you are among friends that will pull for you and continue to encourage you till you get that pass letter.

:drunk:

Line em up and start soaking.

It was not the wines time! I would give it another six months. :thumbsup:

north6633,

Sorry to hear that you will have to do it again. Gruelling process, but it does make us better (I hope). Stick with it and make it. You can do it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. The letter arrived yesterday to confirm what I was told on the phone last week. I am going to be signed up for the April exam and have a hotel booked in Spokane by weeks end.

For those who are wondering why a guy taking the AK exam is taking it in WA. I was living in AK when I got approved for the exam. Instead of going the the approval process in WA I stuck with AK. I can work on getting my WA PE one I have a PE.

Moving down here kind of broke my concentration for the exam. I left working for the state of AK in construction and traffic to being a project manager for a construction company down here. The PE is not really important to my job advancement her which took some of my focus off of it. So my studying for the exam definitely was minimal at best and while I felt I did ok the diagnostic says I did pretty shitty which is good in a way because I know I have to put more time into it and I don't have that feeling I was just one question from passing. I was much more that that.

Here is my breakdown for those who care

Breadth Trans - 50%

Breadth Enviro- 50%

Breadth Struct- 38%

Breadth Geo - 50%

Breadth WR - 50%

Depth Traffic Analysis - 60%

Depth Traffic Planning/Const - 71%

Depth Geometric Design/Traffic Safety - 56%

Depth Geo - 33%

Depth WR - 25%

I used DVinnys question breakdown I got 39 correct for a raw percentage of 49%

Pretty pitiful really. But I am committed to getting this done. Going to beef up thet references and take a class. Which will suck since I live 150 miles away from the nearest offered class in Seattle. But I know that will make the difference.

Thanks again everyone.

Good luck to those still waiting for results.

north6633,

don't get too down, I got a raw of 35 in October, so at least I came up to a 49. You'll be fine. We'll both get there.

IF you would, I'm gonna post mine in the Civil Depth section, and if you would copy your breakdown over there would be great. It will help others out as I hope my breakdown helped you figure yours.

Keep at it!!!!!

North6633, I am sorry to hear you didn't pass.

Anyway, try again...

Sorry to hear that you didn't pass North6633. Hit it hard next time and you should be fine. This time you will know what to focus on.

"Intense desire not only creates its own possibilites, but its own talents. Don't be afraid to do something just because it is impossible." ~ Kobi Yamada

Back