ALABAMA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jd73

The Alabama results were mailed from ELSES on the 20th. This is a direct mailing and we should receive the results Fri or Sat. All ELSES direct mailings should be mailed at the same time. I once again have that burning in my stomach that I experienced the day before the exam....

Last edited:
I did not receive my letter today; usually it only takes a day to get stuff from Montgomery and the website said they mailed it on 12/20/06. I wonder if they mailed the letters from Montgomery or ELSES offices. If anyone received his or her letter from AL board office, it would be interested to know. Good luck to all.

I'm in Texas.

I've done this too many times now, and I sit in front of a computer all day at work. So I look at this and the "the other board" forum constantly. I also have little tolerance for fake results posts. So if I can show its fake, I don't hold back. I also post stuff that I can see is valid if I think someone will benefit.

I just need my results.

:(

Congrats to all who made the cut!!! I received my Alabama results in the mail on the 21st. They were mailed from Montgomery. I'm a 1st timer, and unfortunately did not pass(CE WR). From the diagnostic report, it looks like I got 51/80 correct and fell short. I done well on the afternoon with 29/40, but bombed the morning with only 22/40. Structural and Geo got me. Back in the saddle again come Jan. 1.

Bummer, jd. Better luck next time. Thanks for posting your results. 51/80 didn't make it for WR, huh? I was hoping it would be lower than that.

51/80 is 64% so that isn't very far away from the theoretical 70% needed to pass. Guess there's not a lot of room for error in there! Now I'm getting really scared. :eek:

sorry Jd, did Alabama give you the 51 / 80 or is that just a guess from the diagnostic report? Mine in GA last time didnt really give the breakdowns like that. its easy to figure in the AM, but the PM was harder than I thought..

Sorry jd, I've been there a couple of times already.

If you don't mind, could you post your percentage breakdown on the diagnostic? It helps others.

Hope this helps. Diagnostic is listed below. As you mentioned, CE Hopeful, they don't list the # correct. In the afternoon, I based the Hydraulics,Hydrology, and Water Treatment on averages. We know the # of Geo and Env problems in the afternoon based on the % breakdown. This may be totally wrong, so maybe some of you vets can help me out. % listed is the % correct

Morning

Breadth- Env 88%

Breadth - Geo 38%

Breadth - Structural 25%

Breadth - Trans 50%

Breadth - Water Res 75%

Afternoon

Hydraulics 71%

Hydrology 83%

Water Treatment 67%

Environmental 60%

Geo 75%

Hope this helps. Diagnostic is listed below. As you mentioned, CE Hopeful, they don't list the # correct. In the afternoon, I based the Hydraulics,Hydrology, and Water Treatment on averages. We know the # of Geo and Env problems in the afternoon based on the % breakdown. This may be totally wrong, so maybe some of you vets can help me out. % listed is the % correct
Morning

Breadth- Env 88%

Breadth - Geo 38%

Breadth - Structural 25%

Breadth - Trans 50%

Breadth - Water Res 75%

Afternoon

Hydraulics 71%

Hydrology 83%

Water Treatment 67%

Environmental 60%

Geo 75%
what REALLY sucks for you is that you did SO much better on the difficult Geotech questions in the afternoon than you did in the morning...doesn't look to me like you need to do much work next time to pass.....that's as close as you can get. You'll do great next time!

Morning

Breadth- Env 88% 7/8

Breadth - Geo 38%3/8

Breadth - Structural 25%2/8

Breadth - Trans 50%4/8

Breadth - Water Res 75%6/8

Afternoon

Hydraulics 71%5/7

Hydrology 83%5/6

Water Treatment 67%6/9

Environmental 60%6/10

Geo 75%6/8

If I am close, that would be 50 raw. As others put up their diagnostics, it will help us figure out the # per section

Last edited by a moderator:
51/80 is 64% so that isn't very far away from the theoretical 70% needed to pass. Guess there's not a lot of room for error in there! Now I'm getting really scared. :eek:
I don't think we've ever determined before that the REAL magical number was really 57/80....I think most of the time it's probably closer to 52 or 53 out of 80. :mail:

MorningBreadth- Env 88% 7/8

Breadth - Geo 38%3/8

Breadth - Structural 25%2/8

Breadth - Trans 50%4/8

Breadth - Water Res 75%6/8

Afternoon

Hydraulics 71%5/7

Hydrology 83%5/6

Water Treatment 67%6/9

Environmental 60%6/10

Geo 75%6/8

If I am close, that would be 50 raw.  As others put up their diagnostics, it will help us figure out the # per section
Dvinny -

I broke it down a little differently, but agree with your assessment

Morning

Breadth- Env 88% (7/8)

Breadth - Geo 38% (3/8)

Breadth - Structural 25% (2/8)

Breadth - Trans 50% (4/8)

Breadth - Water Res 75% (6/8)

Morning Subtotal = 22

Afternoon

Hydraulics 71% (5/7)

Hydrology 83% (10/12)

Water Treatment 67% (6/9)

Environmental 60% (5/8)

Geo 75% (3/4)

Afternoon Subtotal = 29

Total Raw Score = 51

This is one possible interpretation ? the % points didn?t come out quite right. I think it would be safe to assume +/- 3 pts, so you are looking at 48

IMHO I think your AM scores may be on the low side. When you start preparing again, you may want to go back to basics with areas like structures, geo, trans. I know I RESISTED studying for these areas before and ended up with breakdowns like yours. I spent more time in breadth areas this time around - we'll see if it helped.

Best of luck in your next prep.

Regards,

JR

Back