Six minute solution???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biofem2011

Mom, do you use your manners?
Reaction score
How much time should I waste trying to figure out the questions/solutions in this book? I`m trying to solve the hydrology depth problems and the questions made me feel like I haven`t read enough. I have spent the last week reading hydrology alone.

PLEASE ADVISE. Thank you. :dancingnaughty:

I did all of the breadth probs and gave up about a quarter of the way into the depth. I am going to go back to them if I have time, but they're on hold for the time being. I think working all the NCEES questions you can get your hands on is a better use of time, imo.

I made sure to do all the breadth problems and then as many as possible in the depth for my PM area. It helped, but don't get bogged down in them. They tend to be much more complicated that true exam questions, but they are full of great information. For example, you may need to solve many different steps in a depth six minute solution and it takes 20 minutes to get there. On the exam, you may find a similar problem that only requires the first few steps. I say it's worth it to try some of them and look through and understand solutions, but don't stress that it's taking you much longer than 6 minutes to arrive at a solution.

Back