P.E. in U.S.A. wants to register as P.Eng in Canada

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmemario

Reaction score
Any U.S. P.E.'s have experience with registering as a P.Eng in Canada? I am a U.S. based P.E., and do a few projects a year in Canada and wanted to get my P.Eng in Canada (Ontario & B.C.). I was wondering if any of you had any experience with that and how easy/difficult it was. I have read that there is a 12 month experience working in Canada under a P.Eng requirement. If that is true, than a P.Eng is probably not in my future. Any information you can provide would be helpful and very much appreciated. Thank you.

No, I dont think so, Im in Canada, a lot of US PE can get a reciprocity in Canada as a PEng, all you need to do is register and write the Canadian NPPE exam or laws and ethics. Good luck.

I was wondering if PEng through reciprocity is only valid for PEs from certain states. Could someone clarify or point me in the right direction?

It depends on which direction you would like to go.

If you want to take the Canadian plunge then I'd first get licensed in Alberta, British Columbia, or Manitoba. All accept an NCEES Record.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back