Passed in NJ...now where do I get my PDHs from?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuckinjersey

Reaction score
Where are all the NJ engineers getting their PDH's from? I passed the October 2010 exam, since then I have been attending monthly ASCE sponsered events for 1 PDH hour and trying to find courses online. It seems companies don't want to pay a lot of money to send you to classes at Universities or conferences where you can earn them.

I contacted two websites that offer online PDH's for engineers for reasonable rates and their selection was seriously limited, if any at all. I spoke with a representative from NJ, who said the State was supposed to approve courses at their July meeting, but didn't. Apparently, they will be reveiwing and approving courses at their Septemeber meeting. but how does NJ expect us to earn our PDH hours if they will not approve any courses? PE licenses expire in April 2012 and we need 24 credits by then, right?

Can we just take courses and hope they approve them?

Where are all the NJ engineers getting their PDH's from? I passed the October 2010 exam, since then I have been attending monthly ASCE sponsered events for 1 PDH hour and trying to find courses online. It seems companies don't want to pay a lot of money to send you to classes at Universities or conferences where you can earn them.
I contacted two websites that offer online PDH's for engineers for reasonable rates and their selection was seriously limited, if any at all. I spoke with a representative from NJ, who said the State was supposed to approve courses at their July meeting, but didn't. Apparently, they will be reveiwing and approving courses at their Septemeber meeting. but how does NJ expect us to earn our PDH hours if they will not approve any courses? PE licenses expire in April 2012 and we need 24 credits by then, right?

Can we just take courses and hope they approve them?
There is a list on the NJ state board website with the name of all the approve vendors that provide PDH. From the top of my head you I know you can use Redvector.com and mypdhonline.com there is also serveral places in NJ/Ny where you can get your PDH's on person like Marzzo Engineering.

Now the other question is as follow. If I just passed the PE exam on April do I need the 24PDH by next april? Because that would be unreasonable!!!!

Halfmoon LLC

Institute of Design Professionals - something like idp.com; google it and you will find them - they have a 7 credit Ethics course; 2 of your credits must be in ethics... needless to say those seminars sold out quick in the spring.

Depending on what you do at work; try to get some subcontractors/vendors/etc, in to do a lunch and learn... earlier this year I arranged a HEPA filter provider and a local water repellant company to come in and do lunch and learns for certified AIA courses... depending on many licensed professionals (and LEED AP's) you have at your office, you may want to check out redvector.com... an online CEU library - if you have ten people who need it, it is about $500/person per year... which is cheaper than trying to pay for all credits individually... (they also can provide CEU's for safety, etc.)

For the April '12 renewal, you need a prorated amount... existing PE's have to get 15 credits between 1/11 and 4/12... check with the state board for what they require of you...

Back