PE license application in Michigan

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADS

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there anyone waiting for a PE license (or received it) in MI? How are you tracking the status? I went to "verify a PE license site" and it shows no records by my name. Shouldn't it say at least "pending"? I applied in mid June. Thanks for your help in advance.

The process in Michigan takes a while (several months). They essentially have one person working in the office and an admin. The admin familiar with processing the licenses got promoted and things are backed up now. Your name will not show up in the license lookup registry until you are granted the license. You can call and ask about your status. It seems to speed up the process since they can look you up right then and there. Hope this helps.

Be patient. In 2007 it took 16 weeks for my application to go through and be approved.

Hi,
Is there anyone waiting for a PE license (or received it) in MI? How are you tracking the status? I went to "verify a PE license site" and it shows no records by my name. Shouldn't it say at least "pending"? I applied in mid June. Thanks for your help in advance.

I just got my license # on Aug 5. Also sent my application in mid June. The letter is yet to come but my name and license number are on the “verify a license” site. There was never a “pending” status just… one day my name magically appeared on their website. I did call a couple of times and they were very nice to talk to but still had to wait almost 8 weeks.

anybody applied in July got their application approved in Michigan? My application was complete as of July 5th but still my name does not show up in the website...

I got mine approved last week. Submitted in mid June. Hope this helps.

thanks for the response. how did you find out you were approved? through the website or regular mail?

After passing PE exam, what information and documents need to send Michigan board?

Back