You want free credit card rewards/points/miles? Try this

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... simply wow. I might try it. I get cash back rewards and a little extra "coin" in the bank would be nice.

Pun intended.

Another caveat to this game is that most rewards cards have caps for the maximum amount of reward you can receive per month. Read the fine print on your rewards cards before you try this.

The example given in the story is pretty extreme. I'm not sure I want to walk into a bank with $15,000 in dollar coins. That would weigh 267 pounds by the way. I'm sure my bank branch would be pretty ticked by that.

I remember the lunch lady flipping out because I paid her with a ziploc baggie full of pennies. She stared me down and told me to NEVER do that again. Lunch ladies were scary.

I used to have a buddy that only bought a gallon or two of gas at a time and always paid in pennies. Of course, gas was 58 cents back then, too.

ngnrd said:
Well, they've stopped taking credit card orders. So much for racking up frequent flyer miles at the taxpayer's expense.
linky
Acceptable payment is now wire transfer, money order, or check.

While I understand what they're doing, they had better come up with a way to electronically draft bank accounts. They need a convenience, and mailing a check or paying for a money order or wire transfer won't cut it.

I take that back, I don't understand what they're doing. Coins are impractical, particularly dollar coins. I understand the life of a coin is much longer than a bill, thus cheaper for the country, but that doesn't change the fact that no one wants to carry a coin when they have a bill. What is the benefit of using dollar coins? What incentive is there to use them.

Bottom line, it won't work. Stop wasting money trying to save money with a program that won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back