Illinois license number

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had mine the day after the results were released from CTS. I received the paper license about 2 weeks later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder how come they don't post the meeting minutes on idfpr anymore.

Unless i'm looking in the wrong place

its friday dude...of a holiday week to boot. Mondays and fridays are bad as those are the days the flex schedulers have off.

I dunno how it works up there. Our receptionist said they are a pain to get ahold of.

I know I've never got in contact with a person no matter how many times I've called.

Seems Email is the way to go for contacting the board

My stuff has been received and will be reviewed at the next board meeting.

It was about 2 weeks after I got my pass notice that my license number was posted on the IDFPR website back in January.

Still waiting on IllinoisOf course no one there answers the phone

Still not have it? I had it on 27th 4 days after the board meeting. You better check it
I sent my experience in after my exam... it is being reviewed next meeting
Ok, maybe you can help me. My timeline is below, I'm just wondering what the holdup is.

-I passed the PE exam in Oct. 2010,

-Had my experience complete at the end of May sent in my application and it was denied (It took them 2 weeks to deny it) since I didn't turn in experience forms for my co-op (they were certified on my college transcript, why do I need VE-PNG forms but either way).

-Sent in those 3 VE-PNG forms and IDFPR received them July 6, I'm still waiting. I had not heard of having my experience approved by the board but is that what I'm waiting on, and if that is the case why do licenses get approved everyday?

Thank you in advance!

They review them at board meetings. I sent my packet in June 17th.

The next meeting is scheduled for August 10th in which my information will be reviewed and probably yours as well.

They are still getting used to the whole taking the test before experience gain thing would be my guess. Summer months mean vacation and less people in the office which is probably short staffed to begin with.

Certified via transcript doesn't mean anything, they want the forms filled out...its just the way government works.

Call or email to see that status.

Thank you! I didn't realize that was a step that had to be done.

I still wonder why license numbers are posted almost daily, surely they aren't still putting them up from the 06/23 meeting. Also I do not think they are all reciprocation licenses because plenty of them are from IL, oh well. :)

Thanks again.

Nevermind I got a letter in the mail today that my application was rejected.

"Your application was reviewed as a non-approved engineering degree as the Bachelor degree engineering program from Louisville is not ABET approved and Illinois law does not recognize the ABET approved Master Degree engineering program to meet the requirements."

I'm deficient 12 hours in math (calculus and analytical geometry)

yay

Back