A little assistance re-filing in CA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
First of all, here is a clickable link to the refile application. Because the Seismic / Survey fail letter provides you with a long printed link, this will save you the typing. Link to refile apps.

Second, just a quick reminder of the dates. CA refile application (with check) must be postmarked by August 12, 2011 (for the Oct '11 exam). You also need to register with NCEES and that window is today (06-15-11) through 09-09-11.

Now, here is the important part (and basically the main reason I started this thread). If you look at your fail letter and the refile application, you'd think that the only thing you need to send in is the refile app (and check). It states you must register with NCEES but it never says you need to send in anything more than the refile app. Well, not true. Make sure you register with NCEES first! When you do, you'll be provided with a Summary Sheet and you will be told to include this Summary Sheet along with your refile application.

Last exam, I made the (unknowing) mistake of sending in my re-file app first, then registering with NCEES and finding out that I was supposed to have include the Summary Sheet with my app.

I hope this helps!

First of all, here is a clickable link to the refile application. Because the Seismic / Survey fail letter provides you with a long printed link, this will save you the typing. Link to refile apps.
Second, just a quick reminder of the dates. CA refile application (with check) must be postmarked by August 12, 2011 (for the Oct '11 exam). You also need to register with NCEES and that window is today (06-15-11) through 09-09-11.

Now, here is the important part (and basically the main reason I started this thread). If you look at your fail letter and the refile application, you'd think that the only thing you need to send in is the refile app (and check). It states you must register with NCEES but it never says you need to send in anything more than the refile app. Well, not true. Make sure you register with NCEES first! When you do, you'll be provided with a Summary Sheet and you will be told to include this Summary Sheet along with your refile application.

Last exam, I made the (unknowing) mistake of sending in my re-file app first, then registering with NCEES and finding out that I was supposed to have include the Summary Sheet with my app.

I hope this helps!
It happened the same to me for EIT exam. I registered first by mail, than online. Waiting for approval, than called them to find out in the last minute that i have to send the summary sheet by mail as well. Lucky me i did it on time, otherwise i don't know what would have happened to me.

By the way, what happened to you? Did you sit for the examination?

Is a good reminder. Hope this helps.

Good luck to everybody in passing their exams.

I hope this helps!
It happened the same to me for EIT exam. I registered first by mail, than online. Waiting for approval, than called them to find out in the last minute that i have to send the summary sheet by mail as well. Lucky me i did it on time, otherwise i don't know what would have happened to me.

By the way, what happened to you? Did you sit for the examination?

Is a good reminder. Hope this helps.

Good luck to everybody in passing their exams.
Yes, I later faxed in my summary sheet. The reason I have done this a few times now is because I focus on one exam at a time. And it's working! Survey in Oct 10, 8 hour in Apr 11 and (hopefully!) Seismic in Oct 11. :)

Back