NJ Law Component

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmails

Reaction score
So I found out Friday I passed Electrical : Power. The NCEES results document tells me to call DCA about the Law exam. I called and was told they will mail them out when they receive the results from NCEES (2-3 weeks).

I'm looking for information from past applicants for NJ licensure. Is it possible to do the law component concurrently with "waiting for results" or does it absolutely have to happen in order, and there is no way to get a leg up on the process"?

Can you tell I'm anxious? :D

-Chris

So I found out Friday I passed Electrical : Power. The NCEES results document tells me to call DCA about the Law exam. I called and was told they will mail them out when they receive the results from NCEES (2-3 weeks).
I'm looking for information from past applicants for NJ licensure. Is it possible to do the law component concurrently with "waiting for results" or does it absolutely have to happen in order, and there is no way to get a leg up on the process"?

Can you tell I'm anxious? :D

-Chris
I remember taking mine before I took the EIT.

I'm not aware of anyway to get a copy of it without them sending it to you.

I got a copy around the same time i got the letter stating I passed my FE exam, I never returned it. They then sent me my EIT certificate when I registered for the PE exam, and I'm assuming I'll get another copy with the PE pass letter, but I'm going to call and make sure they send it anyway.

I wish i did it the first time the sent it, it's just going to drag the process out even longer now.

If someone knows of a way to download a copy or something we can send in in advance, that would be helpful information.

Hmm .. I didn't know it happened at EIT time.

I passed my EIT in PA, and then applied with an EIT transfer for New Jersey. Maybe my situation is unique.

I have submitted a question to them and will post when I get an answer.

Thanks

-Chris

Hmm .. I didn't know it happened at EIT time.I passed my EIT in PA, and then applied with an EIT transfer for New Jersey. Maybe my situation is unique.

I have submitted a question to them and will post when I get an answer.

Thanks

-Chris
Chris,

I'm in a similar situation. I took my EIT out of the state of NJ and when I was approved to sit for the test in April I recieved a package with the Law Exam. The package said it was due before May 30th at to the PCS.

I hope this helps.

That's really funny. Because I reiceved the Law Exam from PCS and I never got any study material or reference for this exam. However I went to NJ board web site and they had the material online...

This is a good one. I took my law exam when I took the FE, so I called the infamous NJ Board to check with them if I had to retake the law exam since I waited so long before taking the PE. Their answer was that they didn't know, but they'll let me know in the package they'll be sending out since I passed the PE. They then casually threw in a side note that they have no record of me passing the FE (even though I have my certificate buried somewhere in my office)!!

This is a good one. I took my law exam when I took the FE, so I called the infamous NJ Board to check with them if I had to retake the law exam since I waited so long before taking the PE. Their answer was that they didn't know, but they'll let me know in the package they'll be sending out since I passed the PE. They then casually threw in a side note that they have no record of me passing the FE (even though I have my certificate buried somewhere in my office)!!
I am in the same situation as you. I took the law exam along with the FE exam over 10 years ago. When I registered for the april 2011 Pe exam I tossed the law exam into the shopping cart just in case. Ncees mailed me the exam but no reference materials, so I called up the NJ board to request it. While I was on the phone with them I asked if I even needed to take it. They said I already passed and don't need to. But who knows if they are telling me the right thing. What I am wondering now with them is if there is any other step, or is the process automatic at this point.

So after a telephone call with NJ PELS, I found out that PCS does handle this for people who sign up to take the EIT. While waiting for the exam, they typically send the Law exam to the applicants to be graded twice a year around the time of the exam.

Should you transfer your EIT to NJ, you could have PCS issue you the exam during those twice-a-year offerings. Should you miss it, NJ will send it to you after passing the exam.

PCS mentioned that NJ will offer you the exam at any time for a $50.00 fee, but NJ PELS said this is not the case and would like PCS to stop telling people that. NJ said there is no fee for the exam. It is sent automatically after the results are received by NJ.

That's it. For those PE applicants for NJ, I recommend getting it done through PCS if you did not already. (September and March for $10.00)

So after a telephone call with NJ PELS, I found out that PCS does handle this for people who sign up to take the EIT. While waiting for the exam, they typically send the Law exam to the applicants to be graded twice a year around the time of the exam.
Should you transfer your EIT to NJ, you could have PCS issue you the exam during those twice-a-year offerings. Should you miss it, NJ will send it to you after passing the exam.

PCS mentioned that NJ will offer you the exam at any time for a $50.00 fee, but NJ PELS said this is not the case and would like PCS to stop telling people that. NJ said there is no fee for the exam. It is sent automatically after the results are received by NJ.

That's it. For those PE applicants for NJ, I recommend getting it done through PCS if you did not already. (September and March for $10.00)
ok, so I had my EIT in Pennsylvania and applied to take the P.E. in New Jersey. After my NJ P.E. application was accepted, the law exam was sent to me in the mail without me having to do anything else, In fact, I actually had no clue it existed. I took the exam, sent it back, and I received the law exam results at the same time I received the P.E. results. that was it.

Got my law test and license activation form in the mail yesterday, so if you haven't gotten yours yet, be on the look out!

same thing happenned to me. Luckily I had saved my letter from them stating that I had passed.

Got my activation form anyway, so I guess my law exam was taken care of and they realized I passed the FE afterall.

Back