Comity in GA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CivilEngMatt

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes for the State of Georgia to review and approve a license by comity? Its has been roughly 8 weeks and the board has still not reviewed my application. For those that have gone through this process, can you let me know how long it took your application to be reviewed.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the State of Georgia to review and approve a license by comity? Its has been roughly 8 weeks and the board has still not reviewed my application. For those that have gone through this process, can you let me know how long it took your application to be reviewed.
Well, you're not going to like this answer. It took me 4 days. As in, I got the email telling me they received my application on Oct. 14, and by Oct. 18 I got the email telling me they issued my license.

I was shocked.

Yeah I would probably contact them. Normally they review it and approve or send comments after the following board meeting. I'd call them.

I had the same problem, so I called them and they told me they had everything except for 1 reference; they even told me who the reference was. After giving a friendly reminder to my reference, he sent it out that week and in 2 weeks I got the email that everything was recieved and will be reviewed at the next board meeting. I suggest you call them and they will tell you what the holdup is.

Back