April 2011 - PE Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cartztopher

Reaction score
If you have failed please post your results (##/100) and the number of times you've taken the environmental PE exam. I was surprised that so few repeat takers passed the exam. In October 2010 48% passed and with this test only 15%. Do you think a bunch of the repeat takers were going off the old exam standard?

Last edited by a moderator:
I failed with a 59/100. Second time taker. This result is a kick in the guts, thought I passed this time. I want to vomit at the thought of more studying.

Stay strong, guys/gals. It took three times for me. Just take a look at how you studied, and find areas that you could improve upon. For me, it was using a DVD course to focus my efforts. If you can, I would suggest taking an in-person prep course for the Environmental PE. Good luck!

For me, it was using a DVD course to focus my efforts.
I don't think pron is going to work for everyone.

:p
I found that I could focus more once something was off my mind. Wait...

I was actually referring to the NC State Environmental Engineering PE Exam review course DVDs. Jeez, Ble, get your mind out of the gutter!

Just got my letter and I failed....55/100. Did pretty well in everything but the Air and remediation areas, and I bombed those...so I guess I know what I need to study for the next go round.

I failed with a 59/100. Second time taker. This result is a kick in the guts, thought I passed this time. I want to vomit at the thought of more studying.
Me too.. except a 58/100.

I got 41 questions correct the first time and I had no idea what I was doing.

I improved my air score and nailed remediation (but I work for consulting, it's what I do.) but Solid Waste still got me... all those back washing questions!!

I have the NC State DVD course too and it really helped.

I need to know what to study for Environmental Health and Safety.. I can't believe I did poorly there (50%). I'm OSHA trained, I love CFR. I know safety.

Me too.. except a 58/100.

I got 41 questions correct the first time and I had no idea what I was doing.

I improved my air score and nailed remediation (but I work for consulting, it's what I do.) but Solid Waste still got me... all those back washing questions!!

I have the NC State DVD course too and it really helped.

I need to know what to study for Environmental Health and Safety.. I can't believe I did poorly there (50%). I'm OSHA trained, I love CFR. I know safety.
For my third (and final attempt), I got a book titled "Environmental Law Handbook" that summarrized RCRA, CERCLA, CWA, CAA, etc fairly well. A word of warning, though: it is written by lawyers, and contains a lot of legal verse. I did not read it cover to cover. It would have put me to sleep. But I sure was glad to have it in my reference arsenal at the exam.

For my third (and final attempt), I got a book titled "Environmental Law Handbook" that summarrized RCRA, CERCLA, CWA, CAA, etc fairly well. A word of warning, though: it is written by lawyers, and contains a lot of legal verse. I did not read it cover to cover. It would have put me to sleep. But I sure was glad to have it in my reference arsenal at the exam.
Who's the author?

Make sure you bring a NIOSH Pocket Guide and the most recent version of the Emergency Response Guidebook for first responders. I used both of these for quick look ups during the exam last October.

Who's the author?
A bunch of lawyers. Here's a link to the newest version, available at Amazon:

Environmental Law Handbook

I also had the NIOSH Pocket guide, but didn't use it on my iteration of the exam. Still, I was glad to have it. Better to be prepared, I always say.

64/100.

anyone else with a higher failing score? what is the passing score needed? jeez.

I also used the Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund, Human Health Evaluation Manual and the RCRA Orientation Manual both by the EPA for rules and regs. Google will probably turn them up...

64/100.
anyone else with a higher failing score? what is the passing score needed? jeez.
Wow...that's a high score. What did your diagnostic say? What are your weak areas? Sorry that you didn't get it this time. Kepp plugging away...don't give up!

64/100.
Wow...that's a high score. What did your diagnostic say? What are your weak areas? Sorry that you didn't get it this time. Kepp plugging away...don't give up!

The diagnostic score read 69. Is that typical? does the diagnostic score read higher than your actual score, even if the exam is out of a 100? I mean, shouldn't a 64/100 be a diagnostic score of 64? I don't get how they score this thing.

I flubbed the air quality part and haz waste part.

Back