OR Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clydeman

Reaction score
One of the lucky states were we check for the mail first thing when we get home (or ask our significant others to open the letter for us). I called OSBEELs yesterday, they would not say when the notices will be mailed out.

A colleague at work took the FE and he got his letter last Wednesday (which is pretty fast). So maybe we will get something in the mail on Friday or Saturday?

Does anyone know if they update the "find a license" database before letters go out?

You have to love the anticipation buildup. I've taken the rest of the week off work so I can sit at my laptop and hit 'refresh' every few seconds on the 'find a license' database, all the while looking out the window for the mailman to drive by so I can chase him down to the mailbox.

don't get your hopes up for Oregon results.

Unless something has significantly changed set the expectation dial to June for Oregon results. Oregon has historically taken at least 75 days from the exam to report the results.

This is why I tell people to take the exam in Washington they are about 3 weeks faster.

don't get your hopes up for Oregon results.
Unless something has significantly changed set the expectation dial to June for Oregon results. Oregon has historically taken at least 75 days from the exam to report the results.

This is why I tell people to take the exam in Washington they are about 3 weeks faster.
I wish I would have taken the exam in Washington as well. It is worth it for the difference in exam fees as well (something like $95 versus $350).

Also Oregon has purposely set the deadline for October to be June 1 (and they will not let you reapply if you do not have results back). So in Oregon if you fail you get to wait a year!

The race is on then. Which will come first? The Vancouver Canucks win a Stanley Cup Championship or Oregonians receive their PE results! It'd actually be kind of sweet if both happened on the same day.

It would speed things up a lot if they had you take the PE ethics test before you are authorized to take the test rather than after.

Nice touch to give people a take home ethics exam at the end of a brutal test!

I called OSBEELs, they said they got the results yesterday and will not get them mailed out until next week.

So don't expect anything in the the mail today or tomorrow (or Tuesday even).

That sounds encouraging! Wasn't really expecting that they would be able to get them out this week.

That is so many kinds of awesome! They are only going to hold back the Oregon PE results back for just over a week. Those guys are so swell! I sincerely thank you for calling them and reporting on their excellent efficiency Clydeman.

We're so lucky here that they use the USPS to get us the results to us in the fastest way imaginable. Long gone are those days of using canoes and foot runners.

One of the lucky states were we check for the mail first thing when we get home (or ask our significant others to open the letter for us). I called OSBEELs yesterday, they would not say when the notices will be mailed out.
A colleague at work took the FE and he got his letter last Wednesday (which is pretty fast). So maybe we will get something in the mail on Friday or Saturday?

Does anyone know if they update the "find a license" database before letters go out?
Yes, they do update the "find a license" database before the letters go out. I took the test in October 2010 and my named appeared on the database a couple of days before the letter arrived.

Thank you for using your inaugural post to let us know jenn4188!

If/when I find that my database entry is updated I'll post it here.

Received my FAIL letter in today's mail - what a way to ruin my holiday weekend.
So sorry man. I would say try not to let it get you too down, but I know it does. Just try not to take it personally. After going through all this (regardless of whether I pass or not) this whole thing is a game. In my opinion it does not reflect on you as an engineer.

Which depth did you take, and what did your diagnostic report tell you?

Are you going to try for October?

I haven't heard a thing about results. I'm home sick today and the mailman just came, bearing no letters from OSBEELS. Unfortunately I'm guessing they won't send them out until after April 1st.

I haven't heard a thing about results. I'm home sick today and the mailman just came, bearing no letters from OSBEELS. Unfortunately I'm guessing they won't send them out until after April 1st.
I'm wondering if they send the fail letters out first? The OSBEELs deadline for reapplication is June 1st. I know they were trying to get NCEES to send them results earlier so people could reapply.

Someone earlier in the thread got their letter on Friday. So I was wondering if anyone else has received notice.

If you are in the PDX area you usually get letters from Salem in one day.

I cannot wait for the suspense to be over, either way.

I'm wondering if they send the fail letters out first? The OSBEELs deadline for reapplication is June 1st. I know they were trying to get NCEES to send them results earlier so people could reapply.

Someone earlier in the thread got their letter on Friday. So I was wondering if anyone else has received notice.

If you are in the PDX area you usually get letters from Salem in one day.

I cannot wait for the suspense to be over, either way.
I was thinking the same thing. Really hope that is the case!

As yesterday was the application deadline (probably one of the earliest deadlines of any of the states) for the October exams I assume OSBEELS was busy with application related work? The delay could be a case of unfortunate timing.

Has anyone called to see when they plan to send letters out?

I called today-

"They are working on them now. The letters should get mailed out early next week."

Thanks for calling. I'm so glad to hear they are just now working on sending them out. They have only had them for around 1.5 weeks, and they are already starting to get on top of things. Good work guys. Watch out for papercuts and please do strain yourselves.

I hope they are taking the extra time to do some nice calligraphy on our envelopes, perhaps using some nice wax and stamping sets. Those poor people in other states who get their results immediately over this new fangled internet thingy are really missing an opportunity to appreciate the finer points of life.

Back