NCEES PE Pass rates

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electrical & Computer is just terrible. Why so low? Higher standard I guess.....

could that be because the structural is now its own 2 day test. no more civil morning structrual afternoon?

Electrical & Computer is just terrible. Why so low? Higher standard I guess.....
really difficult test?
True, but you would think that would factor into the scale somewhat. Or maybe it did.
the number of people taking this test is probably really low too. maybe?
Yeah, most power engineers fall under the industrial exemption so they never really get licensed (<15%). Probably the smallest pool. Good point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's hope there's not too many fires in the near future...

:blowup:

could that be because the structural is now its own 2 day test. no more civil morning structrual afternoon?
There is still the civil morning structural afternoon, it's the SE1 and SE2 tests that changed into that wonderful 16 hours of fun. Although I do wonder if more people ended up taking civil/structural now and how that effected the pass rates this time around.

I know at the northern VA testing center no one took the new SE exam, and in the past I'd say there were maybe 30-40 of us.

I was part of the 40% repeat takers that passed! A much higher percentage than last time (I think it was aorund 25%).

Back