Post April 2011 Diagnostic Report scores here (xx/80) if you failed - Page 4 - APR 2011 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
tungsol

Post April 2011 Diagnostic Report scores here (xx/80) if you failed

52/80 Civil-Geotech......This was my second try and was pretty confident. It sucks to go through studying again but gotta do it. I will nail this thing next.

I understand you, 51/80 Civil-Geo.......I also felt very confident.......So, I think you just missed by 1 point, don't you think?

I think I missed it by 1 point too, that initially made me sick because there was a look up question I missed. But I am gonna start studying like this is going to be a very hard exam. Good luck to both of us and we will kill it next time.

For anyone feeling down about their results, please take note and feel a lot better:

31/80

I went in cold, and on little sleep. I didn't study at all, and wasn't familiar with the reference manual, so just used the day to study while taking the exam knowing I was going to fail. My worst subject - structural - I got 8/8. :) My best subject hydraulics........I am too embarrassed to say.

Anyone out there do worse than me? Anyone out there who nearly passed without opening any books beforehand?

Morning: 19/40

Afternoon: 12/40

That's really really bad............I will study the next time, and hope to at least pass the 8 hour.

ME-HVAC 44/80

In the same boat. Studied a total of 4 hours before the exam. Too many children activities. I usually do not like going cold turkey, but I had already paid for the exam so I just sat in.

For anyone feeling down about their results, please take note and feel a lot better:

31/80

I went in cold, and on little sleep. I didn't study at all, and wasn't familiar with the reference manual, so just used the day to study while taking the exam knowing I was going to fail. My worst subject - structural - I got 8/8. :) My best subject hydraulics........I am too embarrassed to say.

Anyone out there do worse than me? Anyone out there who nearly passed without opening any books beforehand?

That's really really bad............I will study the next time, and hope to at least pass the 8 hour.

ME-HVAC 44/80

In the same boat. Studied a total of 4 hours before the exam. Too many children activities. I usually do not like going cold turkey, but I had already paid for the exam so I just sat in.

Good to know I'm not alone, but either those 4 hours served you well, or I just am clueless. :) I didn't make any effort to even try to pass. I'm making it a priority for October, and am actually studying some tonight. Hopefully - you'll find the time too. It is important. It will feel nice when we pass and it's over and done with.

31/80

ME-HVAC 44/80

Good to know I'm not alone, but either those 4 hours served you well, or I just am clueless. :) I didn't make any effort to even try to pass. I'm making it a priority for October, and am actually studying some tonight. Hopefully - you'll find the time too. It is important. It will feel nice when we pass and it's over and done with.

I hear you loud and clear. Good Luck.

I wanted to post some encouraging words.

I was a three time opener of a fail mail, and it is very discouraging. I Know now it's reflective of the effort I put into my weak topics. Every 6 months for two years, I'd get the anxious email and subsequent heart drop. I would run my diagnostics, feel depressed, wait a couple months and cram. This last time I finally got the hint. PRACTICE to become comfortable in EVERYTHING... & ONLY use the diagnostics as a tool to evaluate where you need more practice, then practice it over and over until you're comfortable (trust me, you'll know). DONT use the diagnostics to beat yourself up over an imaginary pass line. It's pass or fail, not failed it by 1 or passed by 2. Stay smart about it and You'll be successful.

Steps that helped me pass on the Fourth try:

1) Know your weaknesses & become comfortable in them

2) Sharpen your thought response (formula selection/use)

3) Tab your books for quick reference while #2 ing.

4) Develop a filter for superfluous information

I wish I would've understood this sooner, but to each their own. Don't start too early, and don't cram too much at the end. Just get well rounded, and imagine the diag's report showing an 80% in all cat's.

Edited by JNewell

Took Civil-WR/Envir in Texas

Score of 69

50/80

30 Morning

20 Afternoon

First time I took it, I got a 35/80. Still disappointed about it slowly recovering. Purchased Goswami Reference Book, Will Buy NCEES Practice exam and sit in on some class from Testmasters (I took class for April Exam and have all the review notes).

Really hate doing this.

Score of 69

50/80

30 Morning

20 Afternoon

First time I took it, I got a 35/80. Still disappointed about it slowly recovering. Purchased Goswami Reference Book, Will Buy NCEES Practice exam and sit in on some class from Testmasters (I took class for April Exam and have all the review notes).

Really hate doing this.

I will be in testmasters this time as well. The first and only time I took it I made a 39/80 and then I decided to go back to school. How long has it taken you to recover? I think that you are doing well. How many times have you taken it?

Score of 69

50/80

30 Morning

20 Afternoon

Really hate doing this.

I will be in testmasters this time as well. The first and only time I took it I made a 39 and then I decided to go back to school. How long has it taken you to recover? I think that you are doing well. How many times have you taken it?

Also, I guess Im not really understanding the scoring. For the Texas PE it just said score 48. If I do 48/80 then I get 39. So, I guess Im not exactly sure what my score is relative to this board. Can anyone help with this?

My target is 56/80 ( my desire 80/80 !!), should 56 is good enough for pass in PE Electrical Power? I graduated in 1994 and I studied only last 2 months with full-time job.

Thanks,

Edited by Insaf

i get scared from reading posts about fellow engineers walking out of the exam very confident and failing....my first try i got 49/80 and i knew i did not pass, so the fail letter was not a surprise at all. On my second try, i was very confident, because i studied hard and i only guessed one question in the afternoon because i did not have the reference book. i'm wondering if feeling very confident is not a good thing at all....

i get scared from reading posts about fellow engineers walking out of the exam very confident and failing....my first try i got 49/80 and i knew i did not pass, so the fail letter was not a surprise at all. On my second try, i was very confident, because i studied hard and i only guessed one question in the afternoon because i did not have the reference book. i'm wondering if feeling very confident is not a good thing at all....

I think it just depends on the person. Last time I took it, I felt fairly confident. Then as time went on, I had spurts of each side of the coin, so to speak. However, when I got my fail letter, I was so disappointed. I was hoping I had pulled it out. I was banking too much on doing well in the afternoon. Anyways, after this last test, I felt more confident than before, and only missed passing by a few questions (based on this forum).

The bad parts is we won't know exactly how we did for another 4 weeks! Yuck!

Sign in to follow this