MINNESOTA - RESULTS APRIL '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know any details regarding Minnesota yet?
Isn't Minnesota a "letter" state"? If so, then you have about 3 more days according to some of the other posts I've seen around here.
Yes MN is definitely a letter state (unfortunately). But I didn't know what the approximate wait time was from the NCEES posting to letter arrival. Also, some people have been calling states so I was curious if anyone had talked to them to hit them up for info.

For October 2010, PE results were released to the boards by NCEES on Wednesday 12/29/10, and the MN board sent out the letters the following Monday 1/3/11. Assuming the board had Friday 12/31/10 off for the holiday, that is only two business days. This time, they were also released on a Wednesday, however, assuming the board does NOT have Friday 5/27/11 (tomorrow) off, they COULD possibly be sent out tomorrow, which would mean we could possibly see them in our mail boxes on Saturday 5/28/11! Hey, we can hope right?

Maybe someone should call the board today and see if they have any insight as to when the results will be mailed for sure?

For October 2010, PE results were released to the boards by NCEES on Wednesday 12/29/10, and the MN board sent out the letters the following Monday 1/3/11. Assuming the board had Friday 12/31/10 off for the holiday, that is only two business days. This time, they were also released on a Wednesday, however, assuming the board does NOT have Friday 5/27/11 (tomorrow) off, they COULD possibly be sent out tomorrow, which would mean we could possibly see them in our mail boxes on Saturday 5/28/11! Hey, we can hope right?
Maybe someone should call the board today and see if they have any insight as to when the results will be mailed for sure?
Thank you for the info. This is really killing me not knowing. Just knowing that all those results are sitting in Minnesota waiting to be mailed to me bugs the heck out of me. I have not called them. I considered it but didn't yet I guess.

Thank you for the info. This is really killing me not knowing. Just knowing that all those results are sitting in Minnesota waiting to be mailed to me bugs the heck out of me. I have not called them. I considered it but didn't yet I guess.
I called them this morning and was told they hadn't received the results from NCEES yet. Do they snail mail them to the State?

I called them this morning and was told they hadn't received the results from NCEES yet. Do they snail mail them to the State?
They must snail mail them to the State. So much for getting results before the holiday weekend; hopefully we get them sometime next week! This is my first PE attempt, and I'm not sure how much longer I can take this! :brickwall:

Man, that ruined my morning. I was holding out for getting results Fri or Sat of this week. The NCEES website says they've notified all states of their results. So they must've mailed them actually. So the wait continues. This is killing me.

Man, that ruined my morning. I was holding out for getting results Fri or Sat of this week. The NCEES website says they've notified all states of their results. So they must've mailed them actually. So the wait continues. This is killing me.
If you look on the MN boards website they have a board meeting on 6/2 (next Thursday). I'm assuming they will approve the results or whatever they need to do at that meeting. That's my guess anyway.

I don't get this at all. The other states (ND, :wv: , etc) that still get snail mail letters, seem to all be getting their's mailed out today (judging from other posts on this board). So I don't know why MN wouldn't have their results yet from NCEES. Frustrating.

I don't believe MN approves the results at the meeting. October 2010 results were mailed by the MN board only two or three business days after NCEES released them. I bet they get the results in the mail today or tomorrow and mail them to us on Tuesday, which means we will start getting them on Wednesday June 1st. I think I'm gonna have to be admitted by then from waiting, just KNOWING so many other people already know their results!

I don't believe MN approves the results at the meeting. October 2010 results were mailed by the MN board only two or three business days after NCEES released them. I bet they get the results in the mail today or tomorrow and mail them to us on Tuesday, which means we will start getting them on Wednesday June 1st. I think I'm gonna have to be admitted by then from waiting, just KNOWING so many other people already know their results!
I just got off the phone with the MN Board. They have received the results from NCEES and are currently processing them. They stated that they have 10 business days to send out the results (whatever that means). So hopefully soon; but they have up to 10 business days.

Good luck everyone!

Just remember, if you pass the good old state of MN will make you bend over and pay some more money to be issued a license.

Hopefully it's not 10 business days - I'll go broke buying beer to get through that much time! Maybe a medically induced coma would be easier!

Anybody call the board today to see if they have an anticipated date they will mail results? I was thinking about calling, but I don't want to be an extra person pissing off the same person that is probably already fielding hundreds of calls every day asking the same question!

Anybody call the board today to see if they have an anticipated date they will mail results? I was thinking about calling, but I don't want to be an extra person pissing off the same person that is probably already fielding hundreds of calls every day asking the same question!
Not me.

Give em' a call. Maybe they'll get annoyed enough that they'll post some information on their website like you'd think they would do anyhow.

Let us know!

I just finally called them. Got sick of waiting and not knowing. She told me nothing more than what is said above. Exact response was ...."we just got them, we're working on processing them, and have no specific date in mind as to when they will go out. When they're done they'll go out via mail".

There goes my slim hopes of it showing up in the mail tomorrow. This is frustrating.

This is frustrating.
It's beyond frustrating at this point! You make a good point above as to why some states (Alabama comes to mind) notify via snail mail, and yet their results were mailed out yesterday - I even saw in that thread that some have already received their letter via snail mail today! Come on MN!

Just went and got the Saturday mail and nothing for results. Even though I basically knew it wouldn't be in there...my mind still played a trick on me and thought maybe there's a 1% chance some got mailed out late yesterday and it would show up today. But nothing yet! Looks like we get to move our suspense into next week. At least now I can somewhat forget about it for a couple days knowing it can't show up till next week sometime. Have a good holiday weekend.

Just went and got the Saturday mail and nothing for results. Even though I basically knew it wouldn't be in there...my mind still played a trick on me and thought maybe there's a 1% chance some got mailed out late yesterday and it would show up today. But nothing yet! Looks like we get to move our suspense into next week. At least now I can somewhat forget about it for a couple days knowing it can't show up till next week sometime. Have a good holiday weekend.
I turned to the grill and beer in the fridge - seems to be working so far! :drunk:

Back