NCEES Notfication Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_j

Reaction score
A question for those of you that have previously received PE results directly from NCEES:

So I know NCEES sends you the email with the instructions to click on the link to log into your account, and then once you log in your results are emailed to you in the form of a PDF attachment(s). My question is this - how many attachments are emailed and it is standardized for everyone?

Ie; if you pass, do you only get one attachment in the form of a "pass" letter? And if you fail, do you get two attachments - a "fail" letter AND a diagnostic? Or is the diagnostic attached to the fail letter?

This topic was brought up in a different thread, one test-taker got a generic attachment called, I think it was "PE Fail"? For anyone who passed, did you also get this attachment? I would be VERY apprehensive if I get a "PE Fail" attachment and I will NOT want to open the email so if someone can clear it up right now that would be great.

Thanks everyone!

A question for those of you that have previously received PE results directly from NCEES:
So I know NCEES sends you the email with the instructions to click on the link to log into your account, and then once you log in your results are emailed to you in the form of a PDF attachment(s). My question is this - how many attachments are emailed and it is standardized for everyone?

Ie; if you pass, do you only get one attachment in the form of a "pass" letter? And if you fail, do you get two attachments - a "fail" letter AND a diagnostic? Or is the diagnostic attached to the fail letter?

This topic was brought up in a different thread, one test-taker got a generic attachment called, I think it was "PE Fail"? For anyone who passed, did you also get this attachment? I would be VERY apprehensive if I get a "PE Fail" attachment and I will NOT want to open the email so if someone can clear it up right now that would be great.

Thanks everyone!
I passed the Oct 2010 exam and received two letters. Can't remember what they were called but the first was a "Pass/Fail" letter and the second was information for Passing Candidates in Florida. It was basically a letter from the FBPE explaining the next steps to receiving your License. good luck...this is an exciting time!

I took and passed the Florida Structural I exam in Oct 2010. When I logged in to NCEES I had 2 pdf files to view. If my memory serves me correctly, the first was a "Florida Pass Flyer" and the second "Results Notice" pdf file.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to both of you for answering my (somewhat ridiculous) question..... I've got exam on the brain, and I just can't stop thinking about it. I need a distraction!!

I'll be so happy if I get an attachment with the word "pass" in it!! B)

Thanks to both of you for answering my (somewhat ridiculous) question..... I've got exam on the brain, and I just can't stop thinking about it. I need a distraction!!
I'll be so happy if I get an attachment with the word "pass" in it!! B)
I think I remember several people saying they received a pdf file that had "Diagnostic" in the filename. You don't want one of those attached!

I think I remember several people saying they received a pdf file that had "Diagnostic" in the filename. You don't want one of those attached!
Correct. "Diagnostic" is bad news.

I failed the October 2010, I didn't receive any "attachments" via the email. Just instructions to log-in to the NCEES website where they were posted there. And yes, there was a 'diagnostic'.... which I don't like because that's going to be the first thing I look for the next time I log-in...a nd I'll know right away.

Diagnostic report is bad!! I failed in Oct. 2010 and got two files. I passed April 2011 and got 1 file!

There were no files attached to my Indiana notification.

Just a link to My NCEES to log in and check the status.

The attachment was not via email, but on the NCEES page. The page says: Exam registration does not open until June 15.

Then there is a link called Results Notice.

I was happy with the result!

Back