Why are EIT results posted and not PE, GOING CRAZY

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAMPNS

Reaction score
I just dont understand, a co-worker just found out he passed the EIT in VA. Yet i'm yet to find out if i passed my PE... any clue?

just keep hitting refresh over and over until someone says the results are out

that usually works

I think they're coming out today. it was a week ago that the EIs found out. I believe that was the same time differential in October between the two tests.

It was this numerical day (Tuesday of the 7th week after the exam) that I received my e-mail from NCEES about the April 2010 exam. I received it between 2-3 PM (CST) in the afternoon.

Not crossing my fingers though. They don't seem to be following the Wednesday, Tuesday, Tuesday pattern that they have previously used.

It was this numerical day (Tuesday of the 7th week after the exam) that I received my e-mail from NCEES about the April 2010 exam. I received it between 2-3 PM (CST) in the afternoon.
Not crossing my fingers though. They don't seem to be following the Wednesday, Tuesday, Tuesday pattern that they have previously used.

Definately not crossing my fingers... this same anxiety started for the 2010 October exam about this time, if not earlier. And I think the results took 58 days before they started getting released.

from NCEES website:

Update on April 2011 exam results

May 16, 2011

NCEES released the FE exam results to state licensing boards on May 16. The FS and PS exam results were released to the boards on May 11. The PE exam results are still scheduled to be released 8–10 weeks after the April exam administration.

8 weeks will be on June 3, I'm thinking it will be at least 2 weeks after that, because they mail them to TN, and then the TN Board mails a hard copy. No emails or logging in like some of you get to do.

Speaking of the scantron and time of grading; the funny thing is, it still takes just as long to grade the scantron, as it did the complete hand-written exams 30 years ago.

I'm assuming all PE score get released to the states from NCEES at once? In other words, would the cut score meeting for Chemical PE hold up all other disciplines?

People told me the waiting gets worse as it gets closer....I didn't believe them. Now I do. This is getting tough.

The chemical cut score meeting was May 20-21st.

PE Exam is harder to grade
You mean shoving a PE answer sheet through a Scantron machine is harder than shoving a EIT answer sheet through a Scantron machine?
Have they had the chemical and 2-day structural score setting workshops yet?
It's the same for me.

What is worse is for those of us in states where we have to wait for the state board to notify by mail. We will know the results are out because of the boards, then we will get to wait and hope the board releases the letters in a timely fashion.

Back