PE Renewal Notice

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xavier PE

Reaction score
Have any of your received the renewal notice for you PE license? For newly minted CA PEs, it shows valid only until June 30, 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Texas, my license was granted on 12/29/2010 (when the board posted the Oct-10 test results) but it expires 09/30/11, so somewhere I lost three months...I guess I can call the board and ask...

Have any of your received the renewal notice for you PE license? For newly minted CA PEs, it shows valid only until June 30, 2011.

My friend passed the PE for the April, 2009 exam. Received his license around the end of July. The expire date need to renew is the end of 2009. He renew his license through the mail that CA send to him around a month before the expire. Now his license is active until the end of 2011. (Every 2 years that you renew)

We should received the mail around the end of May, 2011 or begin of June, 2011.

My friend passed the PE for the April, 2009 exam. Received his license around the end of July. The expire date need to renew is the end of 2009. He renew his license through the mail that CA send to him around a month before the expire. Now his license is active until the end of 2011. (Every 2 years that you renew)

We should received the mail around the end of May, 2011 or begin of June, 2011.
I received it the end of last week. Sent the check out the same day. I didn't want it to be one of those things where since I have a month to send it in, I put it aside and forget about it until I'm on the family cruise vacation or anything like that. Seems weird that there's no "pay online" option...kinda lame actually.

Oh well, here's to another two years!

:Banane35:

Last edited by a moderator:
for April 2011 new PEs, our license will expire on Sep2011.

In this forum says we need to wait for the renewal notice from the board, are there requirements aside from the payment like continuing education units, etc.? :th_rockon:

Am out of the country at present and am just preparing myself to get things right.

thanks

yep most are default mass renewal periods not based on when you got your license. In IL it is always the November of the odd numbered year.

yep most are default mass renewal periods not based on when you got your license. In IL it is always the November of the odd numbered year.
That actually makes sense, like that they can send a reminder to everyone at the same time and would be easier to keep track of expired licenses... The motor vehicle agencies shall take notes of that.... hahahaha

for April 2011 new PEs, our license will expire on Sep2011.In this forum says we need to wait for the renewal notice from the board, are there requirements aside from the payment like continuing education units, etc.? :th_rockon:

Am out of the country at present and am just preparing myself to get things right.

thanks

In California no continuing education is necessary. If your in a different state click on this link to NCEES state boards survey:

https://apps.ncees.org/boardprofile/results...;question_id=99

Got my renewal notice last week...$235 total, $35 for renewal and $200 for a "professional fee", what the heck is that?

for April 2011 new PEs, our license will expire on Sep2011.In this forum says we need to wait for the renewal notice from the board, are there requirements aside from the payment like continuing education units, etc.? :th_rockon:

thanks

In California no continuing education is necessary. If your in a different state click on this link to NCEES state boards survey:

https://apps.ncees.org/boardprofile/results...;question_id=99
It's not technically required in Washington, but they strongly encourage it - continuing professional development *is* required, just not official training.

Personally, I consider my own self-studies of subjects I have a weak grasp on (electrical, HVAC, etc) as counting.

Back