Advice on what to eat?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McEngr

Reaction score
I've always heard that green tea has great beneficial properties, but I thought it would be interesting to start a thread for those that watch what they eat on exam day and what has worked for them.

ME:

breakfast

something with eggs (not too big) and starbucks grande coffee

banana snack at 10am

lunch

turkey sandwich with soup

green tea

green tea and apple for a snack

finish exam

Last edited by a moderator:
breakfast that day i think I had a cresent and a couple sips of a can of pop.

lunch was Subway sandwich, chips and a few sips of pop.

I limited my intake to avoid needing to use the bathroom pass during the test.

Breakfast:

Banana/Eggwhite/Oatmeal Pancake w/flaxseed oil (good for brain function)

Green Tea (Matcha powder is the best for brain function)

Lunch:

Tempeh Sandwich

Homemade Brainfood trailmix (pecans, walnuts, almonds, cacao beans, goji berries, dried blueberries)

Coconut Water

...more green tea.

I found that I didn't have any time to snack during the exam sessions. I also tried to limit my liquid intake before each session, I didn't go to the restroom once and I still ran out of time in the afternoon session on both days!

We'll see if the brain food worked. Is there good food to eat that helps ease the "waiting for results" anxiety?

oh I can't forget my time honored tradition was eating a Smartie before a test for a last minute brain boost.

We'll see if the brain food worked. Is there good food to eat that helps ease the "waiting for results" anxiety?
whiskey

Breakfast: Oatmeal

During the exam: 1 liter of water & 1 liter of Mountain Dew

Lunch: PBJ

Breakfast was a bowl of Life cereal.

Had a peanut butter clif bar for snack

Lunch was a supermarket deli sandwich, fruit cup, bag of chips and a soda

A second clif bar in the afternoon

Both sessions I had 1 Nalgene bottle with water and another with mango juice (Kerns Nectar, I think)

After the test was beer. Lots of beer.

I had breakfast in the hotel before the exam, so it consisted of a muffin, a pastry and coffee. I had a small bag of the bite size candy bars for snacking on during the exam and for lunch I had a PB sammich and some chips. I had a 32 oz gatorade that I drank during the exam. Then after the exam I made sure to have a couple of beers to rejuvenate my brain.

4 egg omelete with blue cheese

sausage

during:

almonds and protein shakes

lunch:

wendy's

after:

Sirloin/Baked Potato/Four Rose Single Barrel

Note Green tea can have a lot of caffeine depending on the type... don't chug a bunch the night before if you're trying to get some regular rest ;) .

I feel I did pretty good on my first try (knock on wood)... I brought orange powerade to the test and chex mix to snack on. I didn't anticipate this but I think having a snack can do a lot of good to calm the nerves!

I recall from the ocean spray commercials that cranberries are a "brain food..."

Back