Who's taking time off next week?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

envirotex

Reaction score
Who is taking next week off to study? I didn't take any time off last October, but I have to admit my productivity at work was VERY low...

Good luck on Friday!

I'm taking Thursday off, but IMHO it's a little too late to be taking time off to study next week. I'd finish up tabbing and going through notes, but the hard studying should be over. But that's just me.

The time I passed I took off Thursday as well. It's a three hour drive to the exam site and I got there two days early that time. It let me settle into the hotel room, get used to sleeping there, and just generally relax. I also chose to stay the night of the exam. A lot of time in a hotel? Yes, but I think it was worth every penny to have been that relaxed and able to focus. Prior attempts I tried just driving up the afternoon before the exam and then driving home that night. The whole afternoon session I'd be thinking, "I still need drive 160 miles to get home and it's after 5..."

I'm taking Thursday off. But I have a 3 hour drive to the hotel/test site. So I'll head out at noon on Thursday, get to the hotel at 3 PM and take it easy that evening.

Good luck to all!!

That's what I did on the day before... rolled out, checked in to the hotel about 3, went out to dinner with a fellow test taker (now PE also) buddy, and then settled back in at about 7:30. Zipped through the practice exam just for giggles, hit the sack by 9:30.

I wasn't looking forward to the drive home (leaving the exam site to face Friday evening traffic), but overall traffic wasn't too bad. Got out late enough (6:30) to where we missed most of the bad stuff.

When I took the test a few years back, I took the entire week off. Didn't study the entire time, but used it for last minute preparations, relaxing, etc. More importantly, it prevented anything stressfull from happening at work that week that may have effected the test. I feel it was completely worth it.

When I took the test a few years back, I took the entire week off. Didn't study the entire time, but used it for last minute preparations, relaxing, etc. More importantly, it prevented anything stressfull from happening at work that week that may have effected the test. I feel it was completely worth it.
Yeah, I took this week off. It was a spur of the moment decision and I am not thrilled about using all that leave time and falling behind at the office, but I want to be completely untethered from work. My boss has been very cool about this exam and even said that I could use some work hours to prepare, but in reality, if I'm at the office, I'm doing work stuff.

Who is taking next week off to study? I didn't take any time off last October, but I have to admit my productivity at work was VERY low...
Good luck on Friday!
I'm taking the entire week off. I'm not planning to study the entire time, but trying to have out of distractions. We have a few projects in process and I'm overloaded with stressfull stuff that can keep you all day with headache. I wasn't planning to take the whole week off but, I have a PE boss which knows all about this, very helpful.

I am taking most of Thursday off with the exception of one meeting in the afternoon - about 5 minutes away from the test site! Luckily I am only 30 minutes away from the site so I will sleep on my very own Stearns & Foster thank you very much!

I was planning on taking the whole week off, but I have too much going on at work to actually break away for a whole week... so now I'm just taking off thursday and will be doing some mountain biking or something else totally unrelated to studying for at least a few hours

Yeah it kind of sucks having to use vacation time for the PE exam, but if you pass I guarantee you will feel like it was completely worth it. I did. This test and the required preparation sucks big time, so you must do everything in your power to improve your chances of passing. Now three years later, I don't remember the vacation time that I used. I guarantee I WOULD remember had I failed the exam.

Back