Anyone Apply for a License in MI Recently?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrAnderson41

Reaction score
I received my results on the PE back in December and applied for my license at the first opportunity at the beginning of the year. In fact I beleive I sent the license and all my references in on Jan 4th. The State says on their website that it takes 6-8 weeks to process an application. Well they cashed my check back on Jan 13th, so it's been 10+ weeks now. I called them last week to make sure there were no issues and they informed me that they have my application and it appears to be complete but they haven't really even started looking at the applications yet. :brickwall:

Has anyone else applied for a license from MI recently, and if so what has your experience been?

I received my results on the PE back in December and applied for my license at the first opportunity at the beginning of the year. In fact I beleive I sent the license and all my references in on Jan 4th. The State says on their website that it takes 6-8 weeks to process an application. Well they cashed my check back on Jan 13th, so it's been 10+ weeks now. I called them last week to make sure there were no issues and they informed me that they have my application and it appears to be complete but they haven't really even started looking at the applications yet. :brickwall:
Has anyone else applied for a license from MI recently, and if so what has your experience been?

It's been three years since I got my license but I can tell you that Michigan batched their applications back then.

I was the first to apply from those who passed the April 2007 exam because "pass" letters hit on a Saturday and I was at the state DLEG office in Okemos when it opened on Monday - completed application in hand.

But my friend who applied a few weeks later, had his license issued the same day as mine.

Back