Design Experience for Electronics Engineering

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

om_rap

Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning to apply for my PE in Electrical and Computer Engineering. My background is in Networks/ Communications. I had a few questions, kindly guide me:

1- What sort of 'design' experience, will the board accept for electrical and COmputer Engineering? I am not into software and neither purely into Electrical. I have reviewed a lot of software system designs, worked in the planning of new networks etc.

2- I have a lot of hands-on experience. THis is one of the best sources of my experience. How can I convince the board about this type of experience? Do they accept it?

3- I will have less than 3 years of work experience in this country by my application (albeit, a total of 5.5 years by this May, considering my foreign experience). Which states in the east coast willingly accept foreign experience.

4- I have been working for the same company since my graduation. I heard from a friend that the board usually disregards one year of work experience, saying that this is the 'training phase' in the new office. Is it true?

I do have 2.5 yrs of foreign experience before my master's education and the existing job.

Thanks,

Back