Programmable calculator

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passpepasspe

Reaction score
I was wondering what others experience have been with programmable calcualtors. Since the test is so much on time constraint, and they do allow the TI graphing calualtors, which I have. I was wondering if anyone knows of a program which can be used to do some calculations through the program, rather than by hand.. Ihave heard that there is a hP calculator that has tons of programs... any help on the TI is appreciated...

I was wondering what others experience have been with programmable calcualtors. Since the test is so much on time constraint, and they do allow the TI graphing calualtors, which I have. I was wondering if anyone knows of a program which can be used to do some calculations through the program, rather than by hand.. Ihave heard that there is a hP calculator that has tons of programs... any help on the TI is appreciated...
It's not an exam on how well you can program your calculator. The questions are pretty specific where using a programmable calculator will not really be advantageous. I had a TI-30x and passed all 3 exams on the first try mainly because I decided to spend the time studying than learning a new calculator. Looking back, there may have been a question or two where a programmable calculator would possibly have helped, but it's not worth the time to learn how to program or the extra money.

Good luck!

It's not an exam on how well you can program your calculator. The questions are pretty specific where using a programmable calculator will not really be advantageous. I had a TI-30x and passed all 3 exams on the first try mainly because I decided to spend the time studying than learning a new calculator. Looking back, there may have been a question or two where a programmable calculator would possibly have helped, but it's not worth the time to learn how to program or the extra money.

Good luck!
Ofcourse it's not an exam on how well you can program your calculator. It is a test on how fast you can crank that answer, and if a programable calculator gets you an answer faster, i think it's helpful... I have a CAsio fx and i love it..i used that to pass the EIT and also the 8 hr portion of the PE..

I have been thinking about the TI 84 that is been sitting around my desk for years... because it has a larger display and you can go back and look at the older calculation you did in case you need it again..

I wonder how people have found the TI calculators for use during hte survey and seismic since the state does allow the use of them..

I was so excited to be able to use my TI-89 on the Survey (and Seismic) because we are not allowed to on the 8-hour. To be completely honest with you, I don't think I once took advantage of its higher power funtions. Yes I used my TI-89 on the Survey exam and yes I passed first time but I could have just as well done so with my lower powered TI. I even had a bunch of COGO programs in my HP33 which I never used once.

awjeeznotthisshitagain6lc.jpg

Back