Comity in PA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVUEng

Reaction score
Has anyone applied for reciprocity with the state of PA? I'm working on the application was just curious about the experience page? It says describe in your experience in detail and that the board prefers one page per year of experience. Does this really mean I need to fill out 5 pages for 5 years of experience? I've been at the same company for all 5 years and although my responsibility has increased, my job has always had similar duties.

Also, the form is a pdf and cannot be typed in. Did you just fill this out by hand??

How long does the app take for approval? How strict are they on the application? Have :wv: license currently.

Has anyone applied for reciprocity with the state of PA? I'm working on the application was just curious about the experience page? It says describe in your experience in detail and that the board prefers one page per year of experience. Does this really mean I need to fill out 5 pages for 5 years of experience? I've been at the same company for all 5 years and although my responsibility has increased, my job has always had similar duties.
Also, the form is a pdf and cannot be typed in. Did you just fill this out by hand??

How long does the app take for approval? How strict are they on the application? Have : :wv: : license currently.
I applied from Jersey. Typed on the PDF using adobe. You may be able to do it with the free version.

Did the one page per year, although there was a good amount of repeats from page to page.

Took me about 3 weeks to get approval and got it on my first shot.

How long does the app take for approval? How strict are they on the application? Have :: :wv: :: license currently.
I applied from Jersey. Typed on the PDF using adobe. You may be able to do it with the free version.

Did the one page per year, although there was a good amount of repeats from page to page.

Was the reciprocity application that you sent in a few months ago or a few years ago? From the discussion on the Engineerboards.com website, engineers who took the PE exam in October 2010 may not have received their registration numbers until early March 2011. If the Board applies the same timetable, it may be months before I receive reciprocity. Any further advise or knowledge on the timetable would be helpful.

How long does the app take for approval? How strict are they on the application? Have ::: :wv: ::: license currently.

Was the reciprocity application that you sent in a few months ago or a few years ago? From the discussion on the Engineerboards.com website, engineers who took the PE exam in October 2010 may not have received their registration numbers until early March 2011. If the Board applies the same timetable, it may be months before I receive reciprocity. Any further advise or knowledge on the timetable would be helpful.
sent in july 2009. issued in august.

How long does the app take for approval? How strict are they on the application? Have :::: :wv: :::: license currently.

Has anybody more recently submitted a reciprocity application? I submitted one more than 60 days ago and am still waiting for a response. What could be taking them so long? It is only a reciprocity application. It is not like they need to score the exam.

How long does the app take for approval? How strict are they on the application? Have :::: :wv: :::: license currently.

Has anybody more recently submitted a reciprocity application? I submitted one more than 60 days ago and am still waiting for a response. What could be taking them so long? It is only a reciprocity application. It is not like they need to score the exam.
Maybe your references have not responded yet.

The application forms for PA up to April 2011 do not require references.

Is it a possibility that the Boards has not met or does the Board staff approve applications?

The application forms for PA up to April 2011 do not require references.

Is it a possibility that the Boards has not met or does the Board staff approve applications?

good to hear. keep us posted. will be shooting for reciprocity in PA too.

The NY board will take from 4 weeks to 16 weeks to response(I send my application Jan 2011, the application passed and take away my money about 2 week and verify my PE license in CA already.....now everything are in the board office to review and they said the 4 weeks ti 16 weeks wait will start from the day they send all application to the board office to reciew which is early Feb 3, 2011....as of today that still no response from them...my is 86 days) Anyway, they told me if I still not received anything and call them back by early June.

I don't know about PA process, but 60 days is only 9 weeks (maybe you can ask your status).

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone applied for Comity in PA and not filled out 5 sheets of amplified experience, and still recieved their PE?

I have worked for the same company the whole time, do I really need to fill it out 5 times saying the same things over and over? Or do they want to see the names of projects that I worked on over the 5 years?

Any imput would be greatly apprecieated.

I do not have a letter after my number ... but I see a couple of options actually when I do a general search ... R,E,L,K ... some geologist have G, Surveyors have A.

I know some states add a letter to show how you obtained the license.

Back