CA certificates?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navyasw02

Reaction score
Anybody in CA get their certificates yet? The letter said 4-6 weeks and I think today is 6 or 7 weeks.

Didn't get mine yet. When did we get our letter, Jan 12th? still under 6 weeks I think, hopefully coming soon.

They usually come by Monday (hoilday in NY) so might be Tuesday will get it.

Nothing yet. I was wondering the same thing.

I hope my regular mailman works that day and I don't have a substitute. The substitute's sometimes put the mail through the door slot instead of the mailbox I put up recently.

My dog hates the mailman and attacks the mail that comes through the slot. I had to cancel my Newsweek subscription.

Nothing yet. I was wondering the same thing.
I hope my regular mailman works that day and I don't have a substitute. The substitute's sometimes put the mail through the door slot instead of the mailbox I put up recently.

My dog hates the mailman and attacks the mail that comes through the slot. I had to cancel my Newsweek subscription.

Maybe he hates Newsweek?

[SIZE=10pt]Hello All,[/SIZE]

I called the board last week regarding the certificates and they said it may take 4 more weeks than what was said earlier as they had to reprint the certificates due to change of the board name. Thanks.

Gobol

Good look. I forgot all about the certificates. 6 weeks...10 weeks whatever it takes for the certificate is sure easier than waiting for the results.

Good look. I forgot all about the certificates. 6 weeks...10 weeks whatever it takes for the certificate is sure easier than waiting for the results.
Yea, I just want my certificate because I'm moving next month and I wanted to have it packed up before I go.

[SIZE=10pt]Hello All,[/SIZE]
I called the board last week regarding the certificates and they said it may take 4 more weeks than what was said earlier as they had to reprint the certificates due to change of the board name. Thanks.

Gobol
Thanks for the info. It's CA Board peope, if they say 4 to 6 weeks they mean 8 to 10, we know them...so happy the ordeal is over though :bananapowerslide:

[SIZE=10pt]Hello All,

Gobol

[/SIZE]
So... I wonder how much reprinting costs the taxpayer.

I guess the renew license letter will be coming at the same time as the PE certificate. (They will include the certificate and the renew license letter in one envolope.....in order to save state's money)

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the renew license letter will be coming at the same time as the PE certificate. (They will include the certificate and the renew license letter in one envolope.....in order to save state's money)
Probably. I dont see why they couldn't print that certificate and the renew letter at the same time they sent our initial letters back in January.

Probably. I dont see why they couldn't print that certificate and the renew letter at the same time they sent our initial letters back in January.
I think I can answer that one. If they packaged all that stuff together, it would delay the mailed results another few days, and if you remember the ire they deal with getting the results out, they are not going to do anything to delay the already too long delay.

I think I can answer that one. If they packaged all that stuff together, it would delay the mailed results another few days, and if you remember the ire they deal with getting the results out, they are not going to do anything to delay the already too long delay.
I agree that would slow down the process, BUT California already delayed it for some unknown reason and all that was really needed to give the results was provided via the NCEES website anyway for national exams. They could have saved money by sending everything together a week or two later than they actually did.

Certificates for all of the licenses issued by the California Boards that are under the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) are prepared and issued by DCA, not the actual Board.

A list of successful applicants was forwarded to DCA shortly after the actual release of the results to applicants. As I mentioned in a previous post in early January, we anticipated (at that time) that the certificates would be delayed 1 - 2 weeks longer than normal due to the change in Governor and the Board name change. It is understandable that DCA staff are having to address this for all boards. Unforetunatly, the delay has extended longer than any of us could have imagined at that time and other than continuing to monitor the processing of these certificates with DCA on a daily basis, Board staff does not have any control over this process.

I should have updated this message sooner than now, but we've been very busy with applications and approval for the April examinations.

The Board appreciates your continued patience.

Ric Moore, PLS

Examinations Manager

Certificates for all of the licenses issued by the California Boards that are under the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) are prepared and issued by DCA, not the actual Board.
A list of successful applicants was forwarded to DCA shortly after the actual release of the results to applicants. As I mentioned in a previous post in early January, we anticipated (at that time) that the certificates would be delayed 1 - 2 weeks longer than normal due to the change in Governor and the Board name change. It is understandable that DCA staff are having to address this for all boards. Unforetunatly, the delay has extended longer than any of us could have imagined at that time and other than continuing to monitor the processing of these certificates with DCA on a daily basis, Board staff does not have any control over this process.

I should have updated this message sooner than now, but we've been very busy with applications and approval for the April examinations.

The Board appreciates your continued patience.

Ric Moore, PLS

Examinations Manager
Thank you for the update "Ric". Feels weird responding to someone I'm pretty sure is a something. Either way, if you think we have it bad, read the Pennsylvania posts. They are just now getting the online registry updated with their license numbers.

Back