PE Civil: Construction Sample Questions and Solutions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sab35263

Reaction score
Did anyone out there bought this study guide yet? I'm wondering if it has different questions than the earlier edition of the NCEES book.

The new NCEES sample tests have a total of 80 questions (40 morning, 40 afternoon) where as the previous version only have 40 questions (20 morning and 20 afternoon).

I already own the 2008 version (with 20 morning and 20 afternoon sample problems) and I am looking for more practice problems. I am considering buying the 2011 version (with 40 morning and 40 afternoon problems). Does anybody know if this is worth it? Or do you have a better recommendation for more sample problems?

(I am doing Construction PM)

Thank you!

It depends on what you are looking for. It wouldn't hurt to buy the 2011 version. You can find additional practice problems here for morning-type problems: http://pe-exam.com/pe-exam-questions

If you are looking for construction afternoon problems, the "Civil PE Professional Engineer exam Construction module,Third Edition" by Ruwan Rajapakse is a great resource and can be located here: http://pe-exam.com/civil-construction-pe-exam-resources

He also has a practice problem book Construction Practice Problems

I already own the 2008 version (with 20 morning and 20 afternoon sample problems) and I am looking for more practice problems. I am considering buying the 2011 version (with 40 morning and 40 afternoon problems). Does anybody know if this is worth it? Or do you have a better recommendation for more sample problems?(I am doing Construction PM)

Thank you!
Frustrated,

I had both the 2008 and 2011 NCEES books while studying for the Exam. The 2011 does repeat some of the problems from the 2008 book, but the 2011 book is completely worth the investment. I think about ten of the problems repeated but the 2011 had 80 problems compared to 40 in the previous book. So, you're getting a good amount of new problems.

I strongly suggest picking up the 2011 copy especially considering it's from the same people who put the exam together.

Good luck

Walker- Thanks for the info. I do have both of Ruwan's books (haven't gotten to them yet though). Looks like I have some of the right material. Thank you!

Dave- Thanks for the input... that is exactly what I wanted to know. I will get a 2011 version as well.

Appreciate your reply!!

Back