My PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satyara

Reaction score
Hi all,

Congrats to all who passed and best luck for April 2011 exam for those who unlucky failed just like me.

Any ho my diagnosis says, i got 46 of 80. I took Transportation. Morning part 25 and afternoon part 21.

Can someone guess the passing score and suggest some tips.

Thanks and regards.

Hi all,Congrats to all who passed and best luck for April 2011 exam for those who unlucky failed just like me.

Any ho my diagnosis says, i got 46 of 80. I took Transportation. Morning part 25 and afternoon part 21.

Thanks and regards.
I fail my second try this past October, I had 40/80. :Failed: With so low score it feels to me, like I never study! I did. I can't understand how I could perform so low on the afternoon part. On my practice test I was much stronger on geometric design, but resulted 3/12 on the test! I know stuff, i study and spend lots of time working out these problems.

I guess it will take much more effort than I thought to path. From my understanding the cut scour was 54/80. I don't thing it will every go lower.

My tragedy is get back to books, and start shooting these problems as many as possible, and practice, practice........ I started last Monday.

Good luck for the next try. We all need it.

Thanks Tanya, 54/80 is bit comfortable score to push our score. I dint prepare for the oct exam. I sat just 2 days and prepared indexing. Half of my exam time went on searching. Yha i will also start preparing by this month end since i have some field trips. May we hope for the best and do good next time (april) and pass without fail. Best luck.

satyara, I know how you feel as I failed my first attempt in April 2010. I was really down cause I felt I put in a lot of effort. However, I knew I had to change my study methods, resources, and approach to this exam. Don't shoot for 54 or 56, shoot for 100. Seriously, cover as much topics as you can but be extremely strong in transportation like geometric design which according to the ncees outlines is a majority of the exam. If you are well prepared for transportation, you will be sitting well for the next exam. Try making an index out of your major books as that helped me. Good luck and I know you and Tanya can do it. Keep up the studying and keep up the confidence, that day will come that you will pass!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, the part i did pretty bad is traffic safety and WR in the PM section. Any suggestions please.

For Traffic Safety, be sure to get familiar with the MUTCD and Roadside Design Guide. There are very few problems to study for these types of problems. Your best bet is take a look at the CERMs section for Roadside Design such as Traffic Control. I always felt it was hard studying the MUTCD as there is so much information. Be sure to know what sections are what by tabbing them. Search the internet for a MUTCD index. I believe there might be one, it will help a lot if you have that. For Water Resources, the CERM is actually quite good for this particular area. My background is water so I had an easier time doing problems in this area. Use the NCEES practice books as they give great problems for this area. Be sure to be good at Closed Conduit Flow, Open Channel Flow, Hydrology, and cover as many topics you can from the NCEES outline portion of Water. The more areas you cover for the exam the better off you will be. This goes for every section. You need to have confidence that you can handle anything new they will throw at you. Don't bank on the fact that the questions will be the same or even similar to the previous exam. Be prepared for the worst and you will do fine. Good luck.

Hi all,Congrats to all who passed and best luck for April 2011 exam for those who unlucky failed just like me.

Thanks and regards.
I fail my second try this past October, I had 40/80. :Failed: With so low score it feels to me, like I never study! I did. I can't understand how I could perform so low on the afternoon part. On my practice test I was much stronger on geometric design, but resulted 3/12 on the test! I know stuff, i study and spend lots of time working out these problems.

I guess it will take much more effort than I thought to path. From my understanding the cut scour was 54/80. I don't thing it will every go lower.

My tragedy is get back to books, and start shooting these problems as many as possible, and practice, practice........ I started last Monday.

Good luck for the next try. We all need it.

Tanya, just curious, how did you determine the Transpo Depth cut score was 54 this past Oct ('10)? I am asking because I got a 51 and I have yet to hear of anyone else failing with a 52 or higher (which makes me think the cut score could have been 52?). I know it doesn't matter, I'm just curious. Thanks.

Ptatohed,

In April 2010, I actually failed with a 52. This was a calculated score based on a spreadsheet on the site that someone made using the ncees breakdown. I think the cut score if there is one could vary but around 56. I think it depends how the "test" group does after the exam is taken. If there are problems that need to be thrown out, then this affects the score. It's all a mystery really......

Ptatohed,In April 2010, I actually failed with a 52. This was a calculated score based on a spreadsheet on the site that someone made using the ncees breakdown. I think the cut score if there is one could vary but around 56. I think it depends how the "test" group does after the exam is taken. If there are problems that need to be thrown out, then this affects the score. It's all a mystery really......

I remember you saying that maxi. But, again, I am just curious if anyone failed with a 52 in Oct '10 (Transpo depth). I haven't read that anyone has yet. Which makes me think that maybe the cut/passing score was a 52 for Oct '10. Which would mean I missed passing by 1 question. Which of course is a bummer but, honestly, I was pretty impressed with myself. I did not study at all for the 8-hour. My "near passing" score was only because of all the studying I had done for the CA Survey (which I passed), which as you know has a lot of overlap with Transpo (geometric design, etc.). So, now that I am faithfully studying for the 8-hour, I really hope I will pass in April '11. Then, I will focus my efforts on Seismic for Oct. '11. And then, if/when I pass, I will be one very happy fellow. :)

Ptatohed,In April 2010, I actually failed with a 52. This was a calculated score based on a spreadsheet on the site that someone made using the ncees breakdown. I think the cut score if there is one could vary but around 56. I think it depends how the "test" group does after the exam is taken. If there are problems that need to be thrown out, then this affects the score. It's all a mystery really......

I remember you saying that maxi. But, again, I am just curious if anyone failed with a 52 in Oct '10 (Transpo depth). I haven't read that anyone has yet. Which makes me think that maybe the cut/passing score was a 52 for Oct '10. Which would mean I missed passing by 1 question. Which of course is a bummer but, honestly, I was pretty impressed with myself. I did not study at all for the 8-hour. My "near passing" score was only because of all the studying I had done for the CA Survey (which I passed), which as you know has a lot of overlap with Transpo (geometric design, etc.). So, now that I am faithfully studying for the 8-hour, I really hope I will pass in April '11. Then, I will focus my efforts on Seismic for Oct. '11. And then, if/when I pass, I will be one very happy fellow. :)
Ptatohed,

I just read what other people said about they score. The highest I heard was 53/80. I am voting for 54 on the safe side. It strictly my guess. All I realize, while study, we have to be very careful when reading the problems. I think the reason I didn't path this time, because I made some simple mistakes in the problems I knew how to work out. I am practicing to be slower and more accurate. We can do it!

Does anyone know how to find out your results before NCEES sends you the dreaded, heart-stopping email? A collegue suggested the State's website, but mine (Wash) doesn't list the names of engineers (i.e. who passed recently). Any clues? thx

I think the only way is to get the email from NCEES to login and check for yourself.

From what I understand, the NCEES website will be the first to update you on whether or not you passed the 8hr.

I think it's another 7 weeks minimum?

From what I understand, the NCEES website will be the first to update you on whether or not you passed the 8hr.

I think it's another 7 weeks minimum?
for the last exam, i found out by just logging in...email came few days later...

Does anyone know how to find out your results before NCEES sends you the dreaded, heart-stopping email? A collegue suggested the State's website, but mine (Wash) doesn't list the names of engineers (i.e. who passed recently). Any clues? thx
I'm not sure why you bumped a 10 month old thread to ask this (not exactly related) question nor do I understand why the e-mail is 'dreaded' if you plan to pass. But, unless your state lists recent licensees (before the NCEES posts your results), then your only choice is to wait your +/- 10 weeks from the exam date until NCEES updates your My NCEES with your results letter/diagnostics report. I did notice that the results were posted on my My NCEES a few hours before they sent me the official e-mail.

Back