Fail - ME Thermo & Fluid Systems - Highest Fail Score?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abourne

Reaction score
If it helps out the community because this board has certainly helped me in the past weeks...
ME, thermal & fluid systems - I correctly answered 47 and failed.
Based on the diagnostic reports, Seroge and others have posted their number of correctly answered in this thread.

I did not pass and scored below 47/80

I'd like to know if anyone scored above 47 and still failed.

If you wish to share, please post your fail score and concentration. I'm curious to know how high some of the fail scores are, especially for this discipline.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish more Texans would post... They are apparently the only ones who get their score if they pass.

I've seen elsewhere on this forum that between 56 and 53 is the approximate cutoff

but I'm not sure.

failed 40/80 ME systems

Was positive I passed by a long shot...

What was a passing score?

I failed twice before. 1st one is Oct 2009 with low score 32/80 and the second one with 44/80 on Apr, 2010. I just passed the exam on Oct 2010 (I guess that I got around 58/80). All three times take the ME-T&F in CA.

^

Thanks for that information.

It's encouraging. I got 37/80. I plan to take it in April-2011, and if necessary, October-2011, April-2012, and October-2012.

As long as I see a progression and improved scores, I'll continue.

I was shocked. I thought I clearly got 50/80 correct, not including the guesses. But it showed I was high on Hydraulics, weak on Heat Transfer (as expected), etc. I was shocked that I got both of the standards and codes wrong. I thought they were simple, basic, and slam dunks. Makes me wonder if there's a error in my grading, but I hear that's highly unlikely.

I'll get into it in more detail in a separate thread, but I would like to find a private tutor if possible.

^
Thanks for that information.

It's encouraging. I got 37/80. I plan to take it in April-2011, and if necessary, October-2011, April-2012, and October-2012.

As long as I see a progression and improved scores, I'll continue.

I was shocked. I thought I clearly got 50/80 correct, not including the guesses. But it showed I was high on Hydraulics, weak on Heat Transfer (as expected), etc. I was shocked that I got both of the standards and codes wrong. I thought they were simple, basic, and slam dunks. Makes me wonder if there's a error in my grading, but I hear that's highly unlikely.

I'll get into it in more detail in a separate thread, but I would like to find a private tutor if possible.
Study the MERM as in categery(don't go by chapter by chapter) and organize different way"s" of solve one problem is the key because the questions seems in somewhere before but in different asking criteria. Most important stuff (for me to pass the PE exam) ---study with your friend because even though I fail twice (and I thought I learn everything already and keep thinking that I should passed...why I failed????)....but I study with friend this time and teach him the way I am doing a problem but ...next day or few days after I got call from him ..saying that I should do the problem in this or other ways....I finally realize that I am very weak on this topics and what I did before was wrong approach or (I got the right answer but I should do it in other ways....).

Beside the tips that I study day and night for the FE from Dec 2007 to Jan 2009. PE from April, 2009 to Jan 2011.....................................................................

Back