CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAPLS

Reaction score
To all applicants that were successfull in passing their Engineering or Land Surveying exams and completed all requirements for licensure:

First of all, Congratulations...

Second, it is our understanding that the License Lookup database as accessed at: http://www.pels.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml will be updated with the new license information approximately mid next week.

(For those of you that require dates rather than use of the "mid" terminology, please consider January 12-13 in your thought process)

Please understand that once the Board uploads the data to this database system, the timing of completing the update is outside of our control. Normally, the database is updated promptly, but this function serves all 46 boards under Department of Consumer Affairs and we are not the only board with results to post at any given time.

If you are eligible for licensure, you will receive a letter from the Board (yes, the thin envelope) with a notice that will serve as temporary evidence that you are indeed licensed until you receive the official certificate.

Certificates: Due to the timing of a new Governor, our Board changing names (As of January 1, 2011 we are now Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists), and the release of the October 2010 results, receipt of the official certificate from Department of Consumer Affairs may be delayed by one-two weeks later than normal. Please do not call the Board inquiring about the wherabouts of this certificate. If the Board is notified of any additional delays relative to this topic, information will be posted on the Board web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all applicants that were successfull in passing their Engineering or Land Surveying exams and completed all requirements for licensure:

Second, it is our understanding that the License Lookup database as accessed at: http://www.pels.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml will be updated with the new license information approximately mid next week.

(For those of you that require dates rather than use of the "mid" terminology, please consider January 12-13 in your thought process)

Please understand that once the Board uploads the data to this database system, the timing of completing the update is outside of our control. Normally, the database is updated promptly, but this function serves all 46 boards under Department of Consumer Affairs and we are not the only board with results to post at any given time.

If you are eligible for licensure, you will receive a letter from the Board (yes, the thin envelope) with a notice that will serve as temporary evidence that you are indeed licensed until you receive the official certificate.

Certificates: Due to the timing of a new Governor, our Board changing names (As of January 1, 2011 we are now Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists), and the release of the October 2010 results, receipt of the official certificate from Department of Consumer Affairs may be delayed by one-two weeks later than normal. Please do not call the Board inquiring about the wherabouts of this certificate. If the Board is notified of any additional delays relative to this topic, information will be posted on the Board web site.
I am waiting on surveying results only. So you are saying that it will be small letter that we will receive saying whether passed or not.

Ric,

Thanks for keeping us informed. The database has been regularly updating everynight, but not on Friday. I'm east coast and typically it's been updated by 7 EST/4 PST. Looks like it's waiting for the postman.

I am waiting on surveying results only. So you are saying that it will be small letter that we will receive saying whether passed or not.
Typically, Fail notices in the mail for State exams will include a diagnostic report to help the applicant evaluate their performance and prepare for subsequent exams. Pass notices, which double as temporary licenses if ALL requirements have been met, will not include the diagnostic report. Hence the single page and thinner envelope.

Typically, Fail notices in the mail for State exams will include a diagnostic report to help the applicant evaluate their performance and prepare for subsequent exams. Pass notices, which double as temporary licenses if ALL requirements have been met, will not include the diagnostic report. Hence the single page and thinner envelope.
Ric, Good morning. Will the diagnostic report (if you fail) also be uploaded to NCEES's website? So just because one's name isn't in the database right now doesn't necessarily mean one failed correct? Thanks!

Database states that it is current as of 1/7. Interested to know if anybody found their name
I just saw on another post that the last number before the test was 77190. The highest number in the database is 77197. Doesn't look like it contains new results yet.

All,

Ric just said that new licenses will be updated in the database next wednesday or thursday, so I wouldn't expect to see your name on that list just yet if you passed all the exams.

In other words, not seeing your name there doesn't mean a thing right now. That's my translation of his message to us. Thanks Ric.

Hi Ric,

First of all, thanks for registering here and keeping your state's engineers up to date. That's very helpful. Secondly, congratulations on getting results out far faster than in the past.

I'm curious to know if there are any plans for CA ever recognizing the Environmental discipline. It's my understanding that Enviros from other states may be licensed by CA as civil engineers, provided they pass the state-specific seismic and engineering surveying exams. Any plans to add "environmental" as a CA engineering license?

Hi Ric,
First of all, thanks for registering here and keeping your state's engineers up to date. That's very helpful. Secondly, congratulations on getting results out far faster than in the past.

I'm curious to know if there are any plans for CA ever recognizing the Environmental discipline. It's my understanding that Enviros from other states may be licensed by CA as civil engineers, provided they pass the state-specific seismic and engineering surveying exams. Any plans to add "environmental" as a CA engineering license?
Amen. I'm a Civil by school, but have been doing environmental work for the last 20 years. With business upcoming in California, I needed to get my CA PE, which required me to sit as a Civil and take seismic and surveying. Neither subject really is relevant for the work I do or ever plan to do.

I believe Worcester Polytech in Massachusetts is the first school in the country to offer a undergraduate degree in Environmental Engineering. I.E. Your degree will say BS in Env. Eng not CE.

Haha, am I the only one that reads the subtle jab at some of the posters who were so worried about the definition of "mid" and "early"? CAPLS has a sense of humor :)

Haha, am I the only one that reads the subtle jab at some of the posters who were so worried about the definition of "mid" and "early"? CAPLS has a sense of humor :)
No you are not the only one, we all noticed but we dont think it is amusing at all.

I believe Worcester Polytech in Massachusetts is the first school in the country to offer a undergraduate degree in Environmental Engineering. I.E. Your degree will say BS in Env. Eng not CE.
Maybe so, I know Cal Poly has offered a B.S. in Environmental Engineering since the 70s. Still need to take the Civil PE in California for most professions.

No you are not the only one, we all noticed but we dont think it is amusing at all.
Party pooper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back