IA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razski

Reaction score
Today is Iowa's board meeting and on their docket is review of the Fall 2010 results. Might be seeing results next week making it week 11, but won't get pissy until after week 12. Go Luck All.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY IOWA BOARD ... FIGURE IT OUT LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD AND LEARN COMPUTERS EXIST. POST RESULTS THROUGH NCEES, NOT SNAIL MAIL!!! :please:

Nothing in the mail yesterday, trying hard to keep from calling the board and ask when results will/have been mailed. I might have to give in and make the call.

Wow, that's a really long wait.

I'll be taking the PE in Iowa this April. I guess I should start mentally preparing myself for an especially excruciating wait.

Best of luck to everyone that's still waiting!

Nothing in the mail yesterday, trying hard to keep from calling the board and ask when results will/have been mailed. I might have to give in and make the call.
If you call them, be sure to post. I'd like to know what the deal is, why does IA have to be so difficult about it.

Nothing in the mail today. The itch to call is getting unbearable. Maydude, where are you from?

Anyone checked to see if the liscenediniowa.gov site shows you have your eningeering liscense? I checked and my name wasn't listed so hopefully it isn't updated yet.

And yeah Iowa sucks for getting the scores back to us.

And on another note - my understanding is that if you failed you get one more try without having to re-file your paperwork, but after that you have to re-apply with the full paperwork (project statement, references) again. Is that everyone else from Iowa's understanding as well?

Anyone checked to see if the liscenediniowa.gov site shows you have your eningeering liscense? I checked and my name wasn't listed so hopefully it isn't updated yet.

And on another note - my understanding is that if you failed you get one more try without having to re-file your paperwork, but after that you have to re-apply with the full paperwork (project statement, references) again. Is that everyone else from Iowa's understanding as well?
That is the way that I read it. Just called the board and talked to Jennifer. I asked if they have recieved the PE results yet and she said they are working on it and hope to have them out this week. I understand that there has been a problem in the past with the way NCEES sends them to IA and IT people had to get involved, it sounds like that may be the case again. I didn't press her too much, I know how difficult it is to try and solve a problem with many outside interruptions.

That is the way that I read it. Just called the board and talked to Jennifer. I asked if they have recieved the PE results yet and she said they are working on it and hope to have them out this week. I understand that there has been a problem in the past with the way NCEES sends them to IA and IT people had to get involved, it sounds like that may be the case again. I didn't press her too much, I know how difficult it is to try and solve a problem with many outside interruptions.
Did you recommend that the IT people contact any of the other 49 states to find out how they did it? haha.

Wow, I never knew Iowa was so slow to release results. Iowa - the new California.

Wow, I never knew Iowa was so slow to release results. Iowa - the new California.
"Iowa - the new California", sounds like a new tourism slogan!
Maybe we should start a vote on a slogan for Iowa's vehicle license plate....

1. Iowa - the new California

2. Last in the Nation to Know

What do you think?

Won't be updated until you send paperwork back to receive license document. Not expecting to receive anything until this Friday.

Won't be updated until you send paperwork back to receive license document. Not expecting to receive anything until this Friday.
Razski, did you call the board office?

Razski, did you call the board office?
Nope, been there done that before. Not going to bother this time. The two times I have taken exam before it took up until week 12 to get results, and I received them on a Friday. This Friday is only week 11, but holding out hope.

If you watched seinfeld: remember when Elaine went to the doctor and caused problems and got red flag on your file. I feel like as many times as I bitched to them, I'm on the Iowa Boards list.

Totally understand. I have made that known to them many times. I lose three weeks of prep time if I need to take it again. The whole probably is they don't understand that Al Gore invented the internet a long time ago and still decide to send out via snail mail.

I can't believe you guys are still waiting for results. That's pathetic. There are some here that already have their licensce numbers and stamps. I feel for you guys.

Back