Oct 2010 experienee

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddingpe

Reaction score
Fellow PEs,

Can anyone who passed the Environmental PE last Oct (2010) share their experiences (exam prep, just before the exam etc) ? It would be helpful for some of us.

Thanks

Look to the NCEES environmental sample problems (it looks like they made a new set for 2011) to give the best idea of what will be on the exam...

Based on those sample problems, start getting references now that you don't already have...

Work sample problems from your references...

...from an October 2010 PE (add a grain of salt). :)

Read through the pinned threads at the top of this forum. They are full of advice from previous test takers.

Yes, the exam contents are changing, a little... But the advice and references given above should still guide you toward a passing strategy, until we get more up to date advice following the April exam.

I took the exam in April and October of 2010. To be honest, I thought I did better in April than when I walked out of the room in October, but luckily I did pass the October Exam. I took a small course and studied only water type problems, and failed the test. In October, I took a different course, designed on all aspects of the test and passed. I probably put in around 250-300 Hours each time. I tried to keep up with the time, but about half way through the second time, I quit tracking it (it stressed me out).

I would suggest that you look at the different tutoring places out there and see what is best for you. Personally, I did envpetutors.com. They send you the material and then talk to you a few times a week. I liked the setup they have.

Definately buy Metcalf and Eddy's Wastewater Treatment Book (Volume 4) and Cooper and Ally's Air Pollution Control Book. Those are great references for the exam. Also it will not hurt to take in Lindburg's book if you are familiar with it.

Good Luck!

Back